Through The Trees

We all have that one moment, the one that shifts space and time, turning your existence inside out. The one that takes your breath, filling you with the type of joy that most don't experience in their short lifetime anymore. After The Fall - finding one to complete you, marrying and creating another gift of life is nothing short of the singular moment we all hope for. Populations diminish each day, with no general consensus of the mass genocide that we continue to face.

None of those can apply to me. While I am well of age to marry and have children - My training and missions keep me from having anything remotely similar to a romantic encounter. Unless you count the fumbling,drunken hands of a cocky high ranking officer at a End of Season celebration. (Insert shudder here.)

I've been training under the UF for the last 15 years. Straight from the rangy woodlands of North Carolina and the hands of a desperate father, I have been preparing nearly my entire life to join some of Earth's remaining rebel fighters. Little time for off handed romances and sweet nothings, which in these times, consist little more than a warm bed and no promise of tomorrow. 

No, my moment arrived when my curiosity and bravery trumped my common sense. It arrived in the form of a burning light through the trees.