🌙 Chapter-One 🌙

( A/N Hello my children this is my first book and I hope you like it)

           The contagious sound of women's laughter filled the warm, tidy burrow.
        "Oh, Mari ! That is not a illustration from the myth I just told you"  Mari's mother held the sheet of handmade paper in one hand and the other hand pressed against her mouth, unsuccessfully trying to hold back another bout of laughter.
   "Mama, your job is to tell the stories. My job is to sketch them. That's our game right out favorite game."
"Well yes," Leda said , still trying to fix her expression to a more sober one. " I do tell the stories, but you tend to sketch of what you think you hear."
     "I don't see the problem with that." Mari moved to stand by her mother and studied the newly fresh sketch with her. " this is exactly what I saw as you were telling the story of narcissus and echo." Mari you made Narcissus look like a young man turning into a flower. Awkwardly. He has one hand that's a leaf and the other is still a hand. The same with his-" Leda stifled a giggle. "Well, with several parts of his anatomy. And he has a mustache and a silly look on his face- tho I do admit this is an amazing talent you have that can bring a silly-looking half man half flower, to life." Leda pointed at the sketch and the ghostly nymph who Mari had somehow made to look board and annoyed as she watched the transformation of narcissus. " you made echo look-" Leda hesitated, obviously looking for the right words
" fed up with narcissus and his ego?"
Mari offered.  Leda gave up the pretense of admonishment and laughed out loud. "Yes, that's exactly how you made echo look, tho that's not the story I told."   "well, Leda." Mari used her mothers given name as she waggled her brows at her. "I was listening and as I was drawing I decided that something was definitely left out of the ending."  "The ending?really?" Leda bumped her daughter with her left shoulder. " and stop calling me Leda."  But, Leda that's your name." To the rest of the world. To you my name is mother" mother ? Really it's so-" respectful and traditional?" This time Leda offered to finish her daughters thought. " more like boring and old," Maris said, eyes shining as she waited for her mothers predictable response. " boring and old? Did you just call me boring and old ?"  What? Me? Call you boring and old? Never mama never!" Mari giggled and held her hands up to surrender. " that's good, and I suppose mama is fine. Better than Leda" Mari grinned " mama we have had this discussion for eighteen winters."  Mari , sweet girl, I can happily say that even thought you have known eighteen winters (if you haven't figured it out yet she's eighteen)
You haven't been able to talk for all of them. (Okie I'm going to stop with the quotations) I did get a couple of winters respite before you started, and never stopped speaking. Mama! You said you encouraged me to start talking before I've known much more than two winters. Mari said in a mock surprise as she reached for the charcoal twig which she'd been sketching and took the drawing from her mother. Yes, and I also never said I was perfect. I was just a young mother trying to do her best. Leda said dramatically releasing the sketch to her daughter. Really, really young right? Mari said , sketching quickly while she cradled the drawing so her mother couldn't see it. That's absolutely right. Lea said  trying to peak over Mari's arm. I had known one winter less than you when I met your wonderful father and- Leda broke off frowning at her daughter as her mother couldn't contain her giggles. All fixed, she said holding up the sketch for Leda to inspect. Mari his eyes are crossed, Leda said. The rest of the story made me think he wasn't so smart, so I made him not look very smart. You sure did, Leda's gaze met her daughter's and both women dissolved into laughter again.

( Okie so i only did half of the first chapter to see what you guys think I hope to see you guys in the next chapter enjoy my children and see you next time)

~ Trinity