Mental

It was like any other ordinary day at the office, until he walked in

Devin Barlow is a licensed therapist working full time at her uncles practice, while studying towards her Ph.D. She treats the typical middle age, pill popping housewife to the classic narcissistic. Ever since she was young, Devin enjoyed helping people overcome their problems. So when her most complicated patient yet, storms in like a madmen clad in an Armani suit, claiming to be the son of an infamous Italian mobster, she doesn't shy away. No, instead she marks him down in her appointment book for a weekly Tuesday session.

Lorenzo Vitale was desperate to be freed from the demons that haunted his dreams. The exhaustion from many sleepless nights were finally starting to take a toll on his mental health, he was riddled with guilt and anxiety. On the brink of insanity, he schedules a counseling session with a psychologist, Devin Barlow. He hadn't planned on unloading all his thoughts and secrets during their talk sessions, but she had an ability to drag the information right out.

With each new piece of information he revealed, Devin was certain Lorenzo was suffering from delusional disorder, a psychosis in which the patient is unable to decipher their delusions from reality. She had believed everything he had said was just a fragment of his unbalanced brain. Yet, when pieces of his sessions start sharing striking similarities to crime cases that have been popping up all over the news and the previously presumed delusions break into her apartment, she is forced to reconsider her premature diagnosis.

Maybe, he isn't crazy.

Maybe, he is Lorenzo Vitale, the son of an infamous Italian mobster.

And maybe, just maybe, people are, indeed, trying to kill him, after all.