Chapter 3: Intruder

Hours of laying down watching Netflix and sketching passed by, when I looked up at the clock on my bedside table it was already 6:40, then I turned my head to look out my window and the sky was a light peach color. "Time flies when you're having fun." I stretch out on my bed and sigh. "I need food" I swing my legs over the side of my bed and stand stretching my arms up in the air.

BANG! My head snapped towards my closed door, I stood there for a few seconds then creeped over to the door and pressed my ear against it, there was silence. My hand was on the door knob and about to open it but I stopped, thinking 'what if there's someone out there' I've seen way too many horror movies to go out there with nothing to protect myself. I let go of the door and quietly but quickly walked over to my bedside table and opened the top draw, it looked empty, but I knew it wasn't. I slipped my hand under the draw and pressed a button that I had under there, the bottom of the draw the popped up and I slid my hand under it to grab the gun hidden underneath it. I pulled it out and quietly shut the draw, walking back over to the door I silently open it and peek out to see if anyone was in the hall. The place was still, after a moment, I opened my door and slipped out, closing it behind me. The gun was loaded and in my hands ready for me to shoot, I check the bathroom, nothing, I then walk over to the supply closet and look inside, again nothing, SMASH!

I jumped slightly and turned to the stairs, after I closed the closest door, I walked over to the top of the staircase and peered down at the lounge. I could hear footsteps, and they were getting louder, then I saw the shadow. Judging from its size, my intruder was male, I waited a few seconds until the shadow was out of view then silently crept down the stairs. He was in the lounge behind the wall that created a barrier between us, I took a deep breath and readied myself for what could happen. "Ok three,two..." I jump out from my hiding place and point the gun at my intruder, only to hear a scream, "DON'T SHOOT DON'T SHOOT!" My intruder was couched on the ground holding their arms over their face to try and shield themselves. "What the" I look over at the smashed vase and the knocked over books on the ground next to him. Still pointing the gun at him I say "y'know if you wanna break into people's houses, you could at least be nice and not smash everything you touch"

"I wasn't trying to break in" he moved his hands away from his face and stood up, only to have me drop my arm and stare at him in disbelief. "CHASE?!, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?!"

"What the fuck are you doing with a gun?" I roll my eyes. "None of your business, now answer my question what are you doing here?" He looked at the ground and rubbed the back of his neck, as if he was nervous. "I-I um...I just wanted to um..." Putting my hand on my hip I sigh. "Just spit it out"

"I wanted to...apologies...for um...for today, I had no idea that my dad was gonna expel you, if I did I would never have said anything" shocked I just stood there wide eyed speechless. "I'm sorry, can you repeat that" he dropped his head slightly a sighed "I said I'm sorry ok, I'm sorry for everything I've done to you, calling you a bitch and saying what I said today was completely uncalled for, so again I'm sorry" I ran my hand through my hair. "I appreciate the apology, but that doesn't get me back into school. However, if you do wanna try and make it up to me, you can clean up the mess you made" I point to the smashed vase and the books that were sprawled on the floor. "Haha yeah, sorry about that too"

"Don't worry about it" I head to the kitchen to grab the dust pan and brush for the vase while Chase started to pick up the books and place them back on the shelf. "How'd you get in here anyway?"

"The front door was unlocked" I put the gun on the counter and got the dustpan and brush from under the sink. "Oh...well, does anyone know your here?" I hand him the cleaning supplies.

"Nope"

"So where does everyone think you are exactly?"

"In my room studying"