Chapter 3: Monster

I was introduced to a white room. When I said white room, I meant that everything was white, from the cameras, to the tripods, desks, background, floor, ceiling... EVERYTHING. I was the only being that added a splash of color to this otherwise white room, with me being brown skinned and all.

"We are shooting for a collection called 'Absence of Matter' and we mustn't have any colors but the model," said the lady. I turned and nodded at her, but suddenly, I became dizzy and my head began to throb.

"Are you alright?" she asked. I nodded at her and smiled.

"I'm oka..." before the okay left my lips, an immense pain ripped through my head and a tear drop escaped my tight shut eyes. "My head!" I groaned as I sat on the floor.

'I'll get you some paracetamol," she said as she quickly exited the room. Struggling, I opened my eyes, but that was a grave mistake. When I opened my eyes, the all-white room had been replaced with blood stains everywhere and over in the corner stood a barefooted girl dressed in white and her dirty, matted, blonde hair covering her face. I watched in sheer terror as she raised her head and looked at me. My heart felt as it was going to pop out of my chest.

I stared at her in her soulless, charcoal black eyes, and she stared back into my petrified chocolate brown ones. I blinked... wrong move... She was in front of me, crouching down. Her putrid breath washing over my face like stepping into a hot sauna. She bared her teeth at me, and they looked like the slimy ones of an eel.

"Leave," she whispered. "Heed my warning and leave or they will eliminate you." She then reached her hand up to my face and cocked her head to the side. "Aliraven, leave."

Suddenly, the door jiggled and both of our heads snapped towards the door. I turned back to face the girl, but she was gone and the room was white again.

"I got you the paracetamol," said the lady as she sauntered in with a serving tray with pills and a tall glass of water on it.

"My, I know that you are in pain, but with your face contorted as such, I would believe that you've seen a ghost," she said while stepping in front of me... right where the girl stood. I was still in shock and in terror at what had happened just mere seconds ago; was it an effect from the headache, or was it real?

She lowered the plate to my level, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at the pills. They were yellow with the letters PAP marked on it.

"PAP?" I questioned. "Where is the Tylenol or Panadol?"

"Those were banned by the FDA, these are Pain Alleviating Pills that the local pharmacists came up with," she said. "It's FDA approved, take them."

I was about to decline when suddenly another wave of pain hit me. Quickly, I scooped up both pills and swallowed them with big gulps of the glass of water. Almost immediately, the pain subsided, in which I was both suspicious and grateful of.

Why do I agree to such things when weird stuff always happen to me?