Chapter 1: Dumbles's Mistake

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. All characters go to Jo Rowling. I only own to plot for this story.

Hope you enjoy xox

Novemeber 12th, 1995

        It was a brisk night. Dumbledore was up in his office, trying to attempt Snape's new spell. Snape have already warned Dumbledore many times of the side effects if he got the spell wrong. It was dangerous, and things were taken in extreme caution.

        He had succeeded doing the spell for the third time, and decided to to it one final time.

        "Professor Dumbledore, are you sure it's safe to do it a fourth time?" Snape asked.

        "If three times didn't cause any damage, what harm could a fourth and final do?" Dumbledore replied.

        Dumbledore said the incantation a fourth time while swishing his wand left then right twice. A bright light ignited from the tip of The Elder Wand, and then it burst out of the room. Most of it, anyways. About one-third of it went into the Grandpa Clock.

        Dumbledore coughed and then said, "I believe that was the side effect."

        Snape put his hands threw his greasy hair. He started to panic. "Dumbledore, do you know what you've done?!" 

        "What did I do, Severus?"

        Snape just started shaking his head. "This is bad..."

        November 12th, 1975

        "Go out with me, Evans?"

        James Potter put his arm around his frequently-denying crush, Lily Evans. She shoved it off and stood up. 

        "In your dreams, Potter!" She stomped away with her friend, Severus Snape.

        "Dreams come true, you know!" he called. She ignored him. James sighed and got up. He walked over to his group of friends: Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, and Remus Lupin.

        "Tough luck, mate," Sirius said. "Evans'll come around some day."

        "When's 'some day'? It's our fifth year and she still hasn't 'come around'! If I can't get her to like me in two years then she's gone forever!" He groaned.

        The group started walking into Hogwarts castle. It was just another normal day. Nice, slightly chilly weather, sun beaming, students out during their breaks. 

        Remus, who was ahead of the group, reading a book, stopped, causing the other to bump into him.

        "What is it, Moony?" Sirius asked.

        "The clock," he said. "It has an unparticular... shine."

        "Since when do you pay attention to the clocks?" James asked. "It could just be that Filch decided to do his job for once."

        Remus stared at the clock once again and then they walked on through the crowded corridors.

        November 12th, 2017

        "Are you enjoying your year so far ickle Albus?" James Sirius Potter said, pinching his brother's cheeks.

        "Stop," Albus Severus Potter replied, swatting James's hand away.

        "James, leave Albus alone," their cousin, Victoire said.

        James smirked and walked away. Victoire went back over to the Ravenclaw table and Rose sat down to Albus at the Gryffindor once. She smiled at him.

        "You still happy you got in Gryffindor?" she asked him.

        "Why wouldn't I be?" he replied, his mouth full.

        "Gross, Al," Rose said, shoving Albus slightly.

        Albus smiled a bit. Rose started to eat. Just minutes afterward it was time for class.

        Rose and Albus walked to class together. Their first class was Herbology. Really, in their opinion, it had the best teacher, though it wasn't really their favorite subject.

        While the teacher, Professor Neville Longbottom, was telling them about some herb, Albus was staring at the clock. He was about to start paying attention to what was going on, he saw a glint of light shin from the number six. He tilted his head and tapped Rose on the shoulder.

        "What?" she asked.

        "There's a little glint of light coming from the number six," he whispered, pointing at the clock.

        She squinted at the clock and then gasped.

        "No way... it can't be..."

        No one quite understood the glints in the clocks. No one quite knew that it would lead to something more dangerous than danger itself. No one knew that it would be as shocking as it was...

A/N: I really didn't change much about his chapter. I just spaced it correctly and then fixed a few miner mistakes.