Chapter 18- Betrayed

Hopefully this is the next part... I think some of my work was lost forever though :(

Chapter 18

Betrayed

I got up on Sunday morning a bit late for breakfast, but Fred and George noticed and had brought me food to the common room.

“So,” Fred said as I ate. We were now sitting in front of the fireplace at the common room. “Word’s out that you chose Cedric.”

“I didn’t choose anyone,” I said rolling my eyes. “I just decided to sit with my boyfriend… is that such a crime?”

“Sorry, sorry,” he said lifting his hands in a surrendering manner. “Harry was kind of bothered by it…”

“It wasn’t that that bothered him,” Gorge added quickly as he saw my widening eyes. “It’s because the Slytherins have found yet another reason to laugh at him for.”

I groaned. I hadn’t thought of what the Slytherins would say to him at all.

“Do you know where he’s at?” I asked, finishing up my food in a hurry.

“You just ate like Ron,” Fred said smirking amused.

“He left this morning after eating with Hermione…” George said chuckling a bit as I glared at George. “He dragged her out to the grounds I reckon... but they’re probably not there anymore…”

“Thanks, I’ll just ask if someone saw them!” I said as I hurried out of the common room.

After a while of asking, I found Hermione and Harry in the library and headed to them. When I reached them they stopped talking, and I narrowed my eyes as Harry tried to hide something behind his back. It was no use though, the table was full of books with the same word all over them.

“Dragons?” I asked confused. “Why are you guys investigating dragons?”

“Well… we wanted to learn more about them… they’re an interesting species…” Harry muttered panicking.

“Okay,” I said raising an eyebrow. Yeah right, Harry wanting to learn for pure joy. I’m not stupid. “Now, why are you really reading that.”

Hermione and Harry shared a look, and that made e feel kind of betrayed.

“Well?” I asked again.

“We can’t tell you,” Hermione finally muttered. “It’s about the Triwizard tournament.”

“Hermione!” Harry hissed, just as I smiled.

“You found something?” I asked excited.

“Sorry,” Hermione sighed guiltily. “We can’t tell you.”

“Why not?” I asked confused.

“Well… you’re datinc Cedric, and he’s competition so-“

“Wait,” I interrupted her, looking at them unbelieving. “You think I’d betray you?”

“Well, no… I mean, there’s a possibility-“

“Fine,” I cut her off, glaring at them both. “It’s good to know you trust me.”

“Ash wait,” Harry said looking at me guiltily. “You’re right… it’s just… the first task. We know what it is.”

“How?” I asked confused.

“Doesn’t matter,” Harry shrugged. “We have to fight a dragon.”

“Does that mean… there’s a dragon in school?”