2. "We're going to take your city"

Penn

So this is the place my dear brother broke out of. The infamous Arkham Asylum, the home for the criminally insane. How quaint. Not much of a prison. My cell isn't too bad either. A comfortable enough bed in the corner, a small window. I mean, it is a prison. So I expected something like this. Nothing fancy. But it doesn't really feel like a prison. Yeah, I'm in this black-and-white striped prison dress, so I do feel like a prisoner, but the place itself feels nothing like your typical prison. Oh well. I'll be out soon. I know my siblings will burn the whole city down until we're four once again.

Valeskas never quit until they get what they want. Even then we won't stop wreaking havoc on this God forsaken city. Once I'm back with Jerome, Zöe, and June, Gotham will be our playground. We will never stop terrorizing the people that hurt our brother and put me in this stupid waste of a prison. More like a looney house than anything. I've been here almost a week and I'm already familiar with the other inmates... and more importantly, how to take control and rule the joint myself. Jerome never did that; he allied with the top guy, Sionis, but me? I plan on being the top girl myself. I won't tolerate being told what to do by anyone. I would start with allying myself with the top dogs, but soon I'll get rid of them and take control of this place. My brother would be so proud.

I am once again led into the social room, where all the inmates get to... get to know each other. A really stupid idea, but whatever. It gives me the chance to make a name for myself. Most of them are already terrified of me, considering who I'm related to. My brother did what he wanted. He left a mark on Gotham City, and everyone feels chills at the sound of his name. Now his equally crazy sister is here, and she will not rest until she and her siblings are back together again.

I walk into the room, and it's already quiet, my presence stirring fear into some of the most notorious criminals of Gotham. I grin. Good. The only problem is the top dog and his friends in the corner. They aren't buying it. I'll have to crack them somehow. If I just make my way into their inner circle... I can find some way to manipulate them into trusting me...and then I'll crush them until I rule this entire goddamn room. This asylum will be mine, mark my words.

I walk past the inmates, who stare at me like I just murdered someone before their very eyes. I mean, I'm very capable of just that, and I've done it before, but not now.

"Oh stop staring at me like I'm gonna burn you all down... like a bunch of cheerleaders. Seriously. Afraid of a girl. Get a hold of yourselves." I let out a laugh, and soon enough, they all go back to their mindless chatter, and I plop myself down at the top dogs' table.

The big guy of them all, a broad-shouldered man with curly dark hair looks at me. "So. Penelope Valeska. The little sister of Jerome Valeska." He looks me up and down, taking me in. Wondering how could such a pretty ginger girl like me set a bus full of innocent cheerleaders on fire? Cute.

"First off, it's Penn. Two 'N's. I hate that pretentious sounding name. Call me that again and I'll slit your throat with my mere nails." I give him an icy glare, making him aware of my capabilities.

"Okay, okay. Calm down there, Penn." He raises his hands, but I can sense the mockery coming off him. He thinks I'm a stupid girl trying to make myself look threatening by saying some bad things. Idiot.

"But yes, I am Jerome Valeska's sister. One of his sisters, actually." I smile a little psychotically, thinking of my lovely siblings. They're probably bombing the whole damn city as their revenge. Gotham should know better than to rip apart the Valeska family.

He raises his eyebrows. "One of them? There's more?"

I give him a sly grin. "Oh yes. Zöe and June Valeska are the other two. We're triplets. Two years younger than Jerome."