What's going on?

Evan's P.O.V

"Evan fucking get your head in the fucking game!" I heard Tyler yell.

It was another day of playing GTA V and like any other day, my head wasn't in the game. We had decided to try and play the Tron game modes on GTA and so far my team hasn't been doing well. It's a battle against Tyler and myself vs. Delirious and Mini Ladd.

"No no no, stay distracted. You're actually helping us win. Keep running into our lines." Mini told me.

I snapped out of my thoughts and started to fight back.

"NO FUCK! DAMN YOU EVAN!" Delirious said when I had killed him.

The game had finished and a big Loser font appeared. I sighed and stared as Delirious character did the chicken dance.

"Well good game everyone. I'd like to thank Evan for killing himself a total of 16 times for my wins." Delirious said.

I shook my head and stayed silent this whole time. Everyone laughed as I just watched their faces turn red from the laughing.

"I'm pretty tired guys, I'm gonna call it a night." Tyler said as he said his goodbyes and left.

"I'm leaving too. See ya!" Mini said as he left.

The Skype call was dead silent and all I could hear was breathing from the other side of the call.

"Goddamn Delirious, are you seriously outta breath?" I asked.

"No, I wanted your attention," Jonathan told me.

"Okay, you have it," I told him.

"So what's on your mind? Have you been thinking about her again?" He asked me.

I looked down at my lap and stayed silent. It's not like I don't think about her every day after she passed, but today was different.

"I had a strange dream last night. She was on it and she spoke to me. Like telling me to be patient and that she'll be back. Like I don't know what that means." I told him.

"That is really strange and creepy," Jonathan said.

"I don't know, but all I know is I'm going to bed," I told him.

"Alright, goodnight Evan." He told me.

The Skype call ended and I was left staring at the blank screen. I slowly turned all my equipment off and went back towards my room. I laid down on the bed and sat back and relaxed.

It has been a year since Alice's death and everyday strange things keep happening to me. Things and stuff start to disappear and it only seems like I'm the only one that notices.

A month after Alice's death I remarried to Sydney so Anna wouldn't be motherless. Then two months later Sydney acted like we never got married. Soon Anna disappeared and I had no record of adopting her. Here I'm left with all these memories from the past year wondering what is going on. All the others seem to act like none of it ever happened....

-

A year ago...

"Alice, I want you to know I love you. Forever and always okay. Forever and always." I told Alice as they rolled her into the operating room.

"Forever and always Evan. I love you so much and thank you for coming into my life." Alice said as she rolled away from me.

I slowly walked towards the waiting room and waited patiently while they operated on her. I had refused to let anyone come to the waiting room and wait with me for her operation. I wanted to be alone for whatever happened. Good or bad.