Chapter F o u r t e e n

~Don't Let Go~

Bipolar : A disorder associated with mood swings ranging from depressive lows to manic highs.

I don't know about depressive lows but manic highs? That's a definite case here.

For about a second I watch Manik's face exhibit a range of too many expressions.

From a deadly smirk to a little confused to a little in thoughts to finally settling onto the realization of something horrid.

From a cocky son of Satan to a scaredy cat.

I am unable to point a finger at what exactly does these string of expressions mean but I realise I'm also the least interested in doing so especially after getting myself humiliated by this arse of a person.

So without meaning to ask him to throw a light at his colorful range of facial acts, I turn around on my feet and take a step closer to the door.

Just as soon as my hand touches the door knob, it leaves it too.

Why?

Because some external unwanted force jerks me away from my place right into his cologne layered hard as a rock chest, my back aligned with his front.

My eyes widen in reflex and I start to scream, "Wh-"

"SSHH!" But I fail.

Manik presses his palm to my mouth, sending my voice back to my voice box.

"Don't make a sound." He whispers.

"Manik." The voice outside in the basketball court grows louder and closer.

I move awkwardly in his hold, trying to push his hand off my mouth but he being the hulk I being small, I fail in achieving success.

"Stop moving!" He whisper shouts.

But not giving a damn about the instructions given to me, I continue to squeal and squirm under his hold.

I think I should add this activity ; squirming and squealing while being held captive, in my daily routine because this kind of an instance happened with me yesterday once and today, twice. I think I should now be used to it.

"Stop it Nandini!" Manik hushes furiously.

My muffled voice tries to communicate with this jerk but obviously nothing comes out coherently to even make slightest bit of sense.

And like hell I'm gonna stop. He has no control over me.

But before I start to protest again, Manik whispers into my ear, "I'll leave you, okay? I'm leaving you now but don't make a voice and don't move a step outside this room."

I swear to God when I say this that I am trying my level best to not let his hot breath fanning my ear affect me but I can't help myself at all.

I need him to stay away from me because only I am aware of the things that his proximity does to me and my insides.

"I need you to nod if you agree to do what I said and I'll leave you." He breaths into my ear once again and I nod immediately.

Manik cautiously removes his hand from my mouth and starts to move away from me, allowing Mr. Oxygen to happily slither into my system.

This is the distance that he should maintain from me for me to function normally and not like a psychotic love-struck baboon!

Not that I am love-struck. Just saying.