The sun's shine

I am literally dying everyday, walking 2 kilometers to school.The summer makes it worse.

I go to my mom, asking her why the sun shined everyday. And her reply goes like this.."If there was no sun, we all would die!". But little did she understand that I was dying everyday because of the sun! Since I didn't find my mom's reply satisfying, I go to my dad asking him the same question. He said, "Imagine a world without sun, where we all would live in dark!!" But then, I thought we could make huge CFL bulbs and other electronic sources of light. I finally went to my teacher, aking her the same question. She said, "Do you think the entire world can live with the light of a bulb?" I found this sensible but also thought we could get larger bulbs for this big world. I was initally an atheist, but what I thought was, "Let me start believing in God if by some or the other way, I get to know the reason why the sun shines everyday". 

One day, I was asked to stay back at school for 30 mins, which made me walk back home late. As I crossed the bookstore, I saw a rickshaw that had this printed: "If you want to know why the sun shines everyday, get in, but at your own risk". I thought this was made up for me, and only me, because the carriage was empty. I got in and the rickshaw was not pulled but made to fly! I was stunned and never believed in this. I was taken to a place where even a drop of light could not enter. I started weeping and begged the rickshaw puller to leave me back where I got in. Then appeared a saintly creature who is supposed to be the one who controls sunshine. I plead. I just keep crying. He finally opens his mouth to say, "I am going to tell you the reason why I make the sun shine everyday". I stop crying, and wait to listen to him. He continues, "The sun and I were once brothers. We then had this game on earth, where kids between 5 to 15 years had to walk on hot coal. This was compulsory. And it was enough if one kid represents each family. Sun, inspite of being my brother, used to push me to the front to participate just because he was small. And that life was over. Later, when he and I got rebirth, I told the creators that the world was lightless. So, one of us could provide light, and the other could control it. The creators agreed. Sun looked really bright and good. So, he was chosen as the light emitter and I was made the controller. We are no more brothers. The sun, cries everyday for the sin he has committed because of which he has been unconditionally shining all these days and can never stop shining. And I can control him now.!!!! Hahahah!!!!!". I was stunned and I said, "I thought the Gods were noble, but then I realised now that you creatures are no less than humans!!!" And I find the rickshaw waiting for me and I buzz off!!!!