Rain- Rebirth

(A/N: OMG GUYSSS SORRY ITS BEEN 6 YEARS!! I WAS JUST ON VACATION. BUT IM BACK NOW!! ANYWAYS ENJOY!!)

~6 years later~

~Shaye's Dream~

Walking down in the hallowed halls of Bear Creek, there is a hurt, longing feeling in my heart. Ever since Grade 6, my mind has been plagued with thoughts of, him. I could write a million sonnets of a boy named Montana. His cerulean blue eyes, his fiery red locks, his amiable disposition, he is my weakness.

That one kiss in the rain was something I think back to constantly, but we didn't go farther than that. Even as he said 'I love you', I felt like a fleeting crush he had, and I broke it off. I regret that moment deeply, and as I sit alone, I think of what could have been.

~At Shaye's House~

I wake up to my endless alarms, I can't wake up without multiple. I am endlessly sick of these monologuing dreams of a boy I haven't talked to properly in 6
years. My mundane routine keeps my mind off things, and him. I brush my teeth, shower, dry my hair, and make sure I perfect my eyeliner for the day. I have always thought I am rather plain looking, and have never cared either way. I do my makeup to show how different I am from the normal crowd. I only really have one friend, and she sometimes isn't at school. I feel alone. Reflecting this, I comb my hair into a emo style, put on my black combat boots, fishnets, shorts, studded belt, SuperWhoLock shirt, and my signature black hoodie. I don't care how I look, but I think I look cute. I grab my backpack, throw a sketchpad, manga and my lunch in, and hit the road.

~At Bear Creek~

Once again, alone at lunch. I frantically text Tessa:

shaye: where the fuck r u
i'm at the foyer

tessa: sorry lol
in the library i must study
tmrw i WONT flake

shaye: fuck you

I had time to kill. I pulled out my Death Note manga and started reading. Even though I chastised it, my mind couldn't stop from pretending I was light, giving my vengeance on this school. While my inner fantasies run deep, I hear some talking directed towards me. "God, what a freak!". It was Gertrude. She and me have had bad blood since elementary school. "So, what are you reading, some shit for FREAKS like you?" Her friends laugh. I look down mournfully at my copy of the death note manga, I cannot stop my tears from falling on the book. She takes it from me, taunting me and laughing. "Hey, give it back!", I say wiping my tears. I try to reach for it, when Gertrude and and her gang of clones laughs at me. I wish the torment would end already. "Hey guys, what do you do when you cross an ugly girl with a nerd? A FREAK!" Gertrude exclaims finally, pushing me to the floor. She has been bullying me for a while, but it usually isn't this severe. I prepare for impact when suddenly, I see a rush of red from the corner of my eye. "Stop hurting her.", the figure says cooly. "Or what, Montana, you haven't been interesting since you became weird in the summer of grade 8", says Gertrude, with mocking in her voice. I look up at him and croak, "Montana?". I was shocked, even though I knew I hadn't see him in years, I always knew this day would come. I was falling out of consciousness now, I realized I hit my head harder than I thought when Gertrude pushed me. "Shaye" And, above all else– Shaye, are you okay– I knew– Please be okay, Shaye– I still loved him.

~ Back at Shaye's House ~

I woke up in my bed, with a sore feeling on my head. "W-where am I?", I looked up to see my best friend Tessa dabbing an ice pack on my head. We've always been close, even from kindergarten. "Your mom called me over to take care of you. You had some altercation with Gertrude right? What a bitch.", she said, passing me a glass of water. "Wait, I remember now, it was Montana! He saved me!", I said quickly. She gasped, 'WAIT, Montana? He has been a loner since Grade 8, why would he help you?". She is right about that, even after I broke up with him, we were friends, but something really did change then. "I don't know! He looked so different...". " Well I have an hour, and I LOVE gossip, tell me EVERYTHING!", she said, clear excitement in her voice. Normally, her pension for gossip and drama could be a bit annoying, I never got why other girls loved superficial stuff like that so much. I always had a pension for other things than most girls. I liked anime and emo clothes, while other girls liked rap and TikTok. This time though, I was eager to talk endlessly about my white knight.