Justified Magic

For years, there existed the “Order of the Primrose”.  Designed to balance all magic. To balance magic the Primrose set strict laws and retired spells to keep peace and safety of all Magicians. As with any laws there are those who opposed the strict laws set by the “Order of the Primrose”. The Order of the Blood Thorne” has rooted itself in the darkest of magic and has shown powerful resistance to the the Primrose. For three-thousand years the two orders have been fighting for dominance. The power of each side, has destroyed important parts of the magic. Namera of Primrose and Lucio of Blood Throne escaped from the battles, as they were in love with each other. The only place that they were able to escape to with out the elders or their organizations to sense them was “Fillory”. As they escaped to Fillory they settled at the Northern Point.

       There a child was conceived. Atticus Loren, was born in Fillory. Atticus was then blessed at the water fall of the Northern Point. This waterfall mystical as so is everything in Fillory would separate any ties that Atticus had to either side producing what Namera and Lucio called “Justified Magic”. Justified as in he would be able to make his own decision on sides as he grew to the age of 20. Atticus being having “Justified Magic” made him quite possibly the most powerful magician. His parents knowing that he would be able to preform dark and white magic, and at the same time combining the two magics concerned them. Namera and Lucio went to Brakebills University.  Atticus only 2 years old was placed under the care and protection of Dean Fogg swearing him to secrecy. Namera and Lucio unbeknownst to them, were being tracked for years and were tortured to give up the location of Atticus because the waterfall blocked his magic. Just as a truth spell was about to be performed the two ended their own lives in an mutual suicide. Keeping Atticus safe.

    Dean Fogg held strong to his promise and taught Atticus to learn to control both magics. Although the dark magic petrified Dean Fogg, he realized that it was an essential part of Atticus development. As the night of Atticus' 20th birthday arrived, there was silence on the campus. Dean Fogg and Atticus stands in his office. At the strike of 7:14pm markings form on Atticus's arms appearing almost as tattoo sleeves. They are the markings of the “Order of the Primrose” and “Blood Thorne”. Dean Fogg looks to Atticus.

“Atticus, it's time.” said Dean Fogg

“I'm not ready, this isn't a simple decision. I don't have to decide, do I?” replied Atticus.

“ If it were up to me you wouldn't have to choose. However, your parents gave me instructions that you have to make the choice and I am not able to sway your decision.”

“I feel like if I choose one or the other then I'm betraying one of my parents. I'm not doing this. I need to get out of here. I'm sorry I just can't do...”

    Atticus storms our of the office and travels through the hallways of Brakebills only to see a door open to the Land of Fillory. There he runs into a man that he never seen before. Unknowingly he is next to Martin Chatwin. Martin sense that there is a deep concern with Atticus, and pushes to draw the concern in question out. As Atticus explains to Martin what he was supposed to do in just a few short hours ago.

“You're the child of the two orders”Said Martin

    Atticus stands up, and displays his magician. Envious of the power, Martin attacks Atticus. Atticus uses a spell mixed or dark and light magic, to make Martin forget that he exist. Atticus leaves Fillory and returns to Brakebills to see Dean Fogg Resting with a cup of bourbon in hand and a letter that wasn't yet finished

“Atticus,

I know not the pressure you are under,

no clue where you are or the decision