Part 3: Everybody Loves a Clown Part 2

Dakota, Sam, and Dean walked into the tent with the help wanted sign and saw a man throwing knives at a target with deadly accuracy.

"Excuse me. We're looking for a Mr. Cooper. Have you seen him around?" Dean asked.

The man turned around and Dakota saw that he had sunglasses on and was staring past them.

"Is that some kind of a joke?" He asked and he took off his sunglasses so they could see his milky white pupils.

"I am so sorry." Dean stammered out and Dakota tried to hold her laughter in. She hadn't laughed in over two weeks.

"You think I won't give you my eyeteeth to see Mr. Cooper or sunset or anything at all?" The man ranted at Dean who turned to look at Sam and Dakota.

"You want to give me a little help here?" He snapped.

"Not really." Dakota said with a small smile.

"Barry, is there a problem?" A man asked poking his head poking his head into the tent.

"Yeah, this guy hates blind people." Barry snapped.

"No, I don't!" Dean defended.

"This is escalating very quickly." Dakota whispered to Sam.

"Hey, buddy, what's your problem?" The man asked.

"Nothing, just a little misunderstanding." Dean said. "Look, could someone please tell me where Mr. Cooper is!"

Sam started laughing so hard that he was crying and Dakota just shook her head at the scene in front of her.

...........

"You three picked a Hell of a time to join up. Take a seat." Mr. Cooper said leading them to his office and offered them three disturbing seats with clown faces on them on the opposite side of his desk, "We got all kinds of local trouble."

"What do you mean?" Sam asked.

"A couple of folks got themselves murdered. Cops always seem to start here. So, you three ever worked the circuit before?" Mr. Cooper asked.

"Yes sir. Last year, Texas through Arkansas." Dakota lied.

"Doing what? Ride jockeys? Pull shoot? A and S men?" He asked.

"Little bit of everything." Sam said.

Mr. Cooper stared at them for a moment, "You three have never worked a show in your lives before, have you?"

"Nope." Dean answered with a smirk. "But, we really need the work and Sam here's got a thing for the bearded lady." He laughed and shrugged.

Dakota bit her lip and tried to look anywhere than Sam's shocked face.

Mr. Cooper glared at them then pointed to a framed black and white photo on the wall behind him, "You see that picture? That's my daddy."

"You look just like him." Dakota commented sweetly looking at the resemblance of the two balding men with large noses.

"He was in the business, ran a freak show till they outlawed them in most places. Apparently displaying the deformed isn't dignified. So, most performs went from honest work to rotting in hospitals and asylums. That's progress, I guess." Mr. Cooper told them before pausing and Dakota wandered what this story had to do with them getting jobs, "You see this place is a refuge for outcast, always has been, for folks that don't fit nowhere else. But you three...should go to school, find a spouse, have 2.5 kids, live regular."

Dakota leaned forward in her seat and stared him straight in the eye, "Sir, I don't want to go to school. And I don't want to be regular. I don't want to marry some jackass and have 2.5 kids and be some boring, midwest housewife. I want this. And so do these two idiots."