Sleepover ( pt. 2 ) | Adrienette

Synopsis: The next morning quickly arrived, and Chat Noir's Miraculous wore off. Now with his disguise gone, will Marinette finally be able to see who's behind all the paw-ful puns?

. . .

. . .

Third Person Limited, Marinette
Word Count: 742

Sleepover, January 18th, 2017

Marinette was wide awake. She had been wide awake for the past 27 minutes now. She kept her back to the man next to her and this entire time she couldn't help but feel nervous and anxious.

The person who was Chat Noir was right in bed with her. Marinette was practically jumping with excitement and fear but at the same time, if she moved she would wake him up.

But if he woke up, then that would mean she would be able to tel who it was right?

She wanted to respect him though, and made sure that no matter what she wouldn't look until he woke-

"Mmh.." she drilled immediately and held her breath when she felt the mystery man stir beside her. "Marinette?" He said, his voice thick with sleep.

She let out a shaky breath and bit her lip. "Your transformation wore off," she blurted out the obvious. "You can go, if you want." She bit her lip and held her face into her pillow as she tried to very hard not to look.

"Living me out already?" He chuckled softly and stretched with a loud yawn, rubbing away the sleep from his eyes. He grew rigid beside her and Marinette wondered what he was thinking.

"You know Marinette?" He said. "Would you be.. mad.. if I wanted to show you. Who I was behind that mask?"

Marinette bit her lip and shook her head softly. "N-No... I would never be mad."

She could hear him sigh and she bit her lip as he shuffled around beside her. "It's just I.. I feel like I should. I trust you and I've visited you enough times to where I just feel comfortable." He gently touched her shoulder, shaking it a little bit to see if she would turn. However, Marinette stood her ground and refused to look at him.

She was getting second thoughts herself. Did she really want to know who was behind the mask? Who her partner in crime is after all this time?

"Marinette... please just.. look at me."

She shook her head and clutched to her pillow. "Chat just... I don't want to. I don't think this is a very good idea and I don't want you to regret it later. I think it will be better for the both of us if you just leave."

Adrien couldn't deny that his heart broke a little bit hearing her words, and he frowned, obviously disappointed with her decision.

"Okay.." he said softly. "I'll see you around M'lady." He leaned over and kissed her cheek, and she peeks and saw strands of blonde hair.

Marinette blushed and the first thing that came to mind was Adrien. Could this be the man of her dreams?

But if it was she was sure she would die of embarrassment.

She could feel him getting up and heading to the balcony, but then Marinette reached out and grabbed his hand. "Chat.. wait..." she kept her head bowed but she was sitting up now. "I just.. I'm scared." She whispered. "I've hung out with you more than I've hung out with my best friend lately and this could ruin everything. It could become awkward and we could end up hating each other in real life and I-"

Adrien leaned down and shit her up with a kiss. It was a simple and quick one, but it was enough to make her stop babbling. Thankfully for Marinette, she kept her eyes closed.

Adrien chuckled and ruffled her morning bed head and stood up again. "You're a real trooper for keeping your eyes close little lady." He poked her nose and laughed softly, but before she could say anything, she felt a gust of wind, and suddenly he was gone.

. . .

authors note:

Short and sweet because I didn't want this to be a reveal. Marinette is stubborn and I want you guys to get where she's coming from because I feel like she has a point and as much as I wanted to write out this scene and make it a reveal, I knew Marinette would keep her eyes closed. It would be Adrien who would peek.

Lots of love,
Mercay 💕