Chapter 19

TIM POV: Jack's on the phone talking to the police while holding a gun to my head. I open my eyes and spot Faith. My stomach feels sick. I see the girls in a cop car behind the police baracade. Jack sees them too, and threatens to shoot them to the cop. I'm sobbing. What if Jack shoots me and while both the kids and Faith see? I should've just shot myself instead of calling Faith. They would've been safer that way. I feel weak and numb when Faith see's me. She's looking right into my eyes.

Jack decides he's done negotiating and pulls the safety. He has a massive machine gun pointed directly to my head. I start pleading with him, but he's done talking. I hear a boom as I fall to the ground. but I feel no pain.

I look behind me to see Jack was shot in the shoulder, but he was not down. I hear Faith scream and the kids crying.

Shit.

Jack grabs me and throws me down away from the edge. We are too far away  for the cops to shoot him again. They probably already think I'm dead. 

"They can shoot me all they want," he says as he reveals his bulletproof vest, "but you are not leaving here alive alright buddy?" He says giving me a pistol whip to the head. I cry, because that's all I can do now. There's no escaping this. Jack pulls the safety again and holds the gun directly on the side of my head. I guess this is it.

"Stop!" Faith screams.