Gonna Kill Him

While everyone was discussing what to tell Daryl about Merle, who I learned had been left in the city because he wasn't behaving, I changed into some new clothes and took a walk. I was going to avoid officer Grimes as much as I could. I didn't need him questioning me about my bruise. I didn't feel like starting anything. I had walked into the woods a little bit, far enough away from camp that I couldn't hear anybody. It gave me time to think. I found a log and sat down on it as I starred up at the sky. It was a bright, sunny, blue day. I wonder how Daryl would react to Merle. Not gonna lie, I think the bastard deserved being left behind, but I also know what it's like to lose a sibling. I was also nervous if my dad was alive. Would he try to find us?  That scared me more than anything. I sighed and then heard a branch snap from behind me. I quickly grabbed my gun and turned, aiming it.

"Woah, it's just me damn" I was greeted with the presence of Daryl Dixon.

I sighed and put the gun down,"sorry thought you were a walker."

"Ya, but I ain't" he grunted.

I rolled my eyes and turned to sit back on the log I was before. I heard footsteps and I felt the log move when he sat down next to me. We were so close that our arms were touching causing me to flinch. It sent some sort of electricity through me and my heart started to pound. What's wrong with me? I avoided looking at him to hide my face. I quickly brushed some hair over my cheek with my hand. Daryl set his bow down and started picking at one of his arrows,

"The hell you doin out here anyways?"

"Get away from everyone. To think" I sighed.

"Know what ya mean. Bunch of annoying pricks" he grunted.

"yea I guess" I chuckled still avoiding eye contact.

I felt him starring at me when he asked,"what ya thinkin about?"

"Why do you care?" I asked kindof defensively.

"Sorry for askin" he grunted.

I rolled my eyes when I heard him whisper,"stupid bitch"

"What are you doing out here?" I asked.

"Was trackin a deer till I found ya" he murmured.

I sighed,"I was thinkin about life before this. About my father"

"He dead?" He asked.

"I don't know" I whispered.

"What were you like a daddy's girl or somethin?" He asked.

I didn't say anything, the images of my father beating on me fled through my mind. I hated that man more than anything. I felt tears start comin to my eyes and one fell.

"Didn't mean to make ya cry" daryl whispered.

I quickly wiped it away and looked at him with a reassuring smile,"it's ok"

Daryl wasn't looking at my eyes though, he was looking at my cheek. I quickly looked away. Please don't ask. Please don't ask.

"The hell did you do to your cheek?" He asked agitated.

Shit. I started to shake and stuttered,"I fell"

I felt his his hand softly grab my chin and he turned me to face him. He studied my reaction which I know was fear and then down to my bruise.

"Don't look like no fall bruise. The hell happened?" He asked.

"Don't worry about it, I had It coming." I sighed.

"Someone do that to you?" He asked pissed.

"yea" I whispered.

"who?" He growled.

I looked into his eyes. He was beyond angry that it kinda surprised me. I sighed,

"Ed"

"why" He growled.

"He was trying to hurt Carol and I got in the way" I whispered feeling a tear escape my eyes again.

He was silent and I turned back to face him. He was breathing heavily. His eyes were glaring into mine with pure rage, he quickly stood up, flung his crossbow over his shoulder,

"I'm gonna kill him"

My eyes got wide as I quickly stood up and he started charging back to camp. I quickly ran after him,

"Daryl no! Leave it alone"

He ignored me and kept charging back. I struggled to keep up with him. I quickly grabbed his hand and he finally stopped and turned to me. He was really mad. I looked at him with pleading eyes,

"Daryl please"

"Please what! He ain't gonna hit you and get away with it!" He snapped back.

I looked at him for a moment. It felt different to have someone stand up for me in this situation for once. I had a protector and the warm feeling I was getting inside didn't go un noticed. Especially the electricity I was feeling as I looked down and seen that Daryl had not let go of my hand. I blushed and he looked what I was looking at and quickly took his hand from mine. The warmth and the electricity vanished. I sighed and looked up at him,

"Just please let it go"

He glared at me for a few more minutes and then said,"fine but if he goes near ya again, he's dead"

I nodded and and he turned to walk back to camp. I could not believe how protective he was. No one has cared about me enough to ever protect me. Did he care? I mean he about bit t dogs head off for leaving me to fend off the walker by myself and now he wanted to kill ed. No way, daryl doesn't like me. He can't. I'm not worth it. I'm not good enough. I sighed and followed him. I was very nervous about how he's gonna feel about Merle.