Chapter 8: How Exactly Do I Answer This.....

*Jay's POV*

I look up at the clock and it reads quarter to eight. I look over to see Bender, lighting his shoe on fire and lighting a cigarette with his shoe. I look behind Brian and I to see what that girl was doing. I see her pulling a string around her finger and making it turn purple.

'Ouch"

I look back to Bender to see him put the flames on his shoe out. He then begins to play the air guitar. I see Andrew playing paper football. He cheers silently to himself. I hear a noise behind me. I look and I see that girl shaking something from her hair onto her drawing.

'Is that dandruff? What the fuck...'

After about 10 minutes, everyone began to fall asleep. I was about to fall asleep when I heard Bender say:

"Hey, Jay. You awake?" I raise my head and I look at him.

"I am now." I tell him. "What's up?"

"Why?" was the only thing he said.

"Why what?"

"Why did you pull away?" he asked in a serious tone.

"Bender...."

"I'm sorry if I came on to you to strong.... I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"That's not it..... Back in Charlottesville, I was dating a guy, we dated for a long time. years and when I finally gave into him..... he just left. Just like my dad.... I thought we were gonna be together forever. Anyway, when he found out I was moving to Chicago, he kept trying to get back together with me. He kept saying shit like 'Oh Jay baby! I love you and I want to be with you! I ever should have left!', but I knew he was full of shit."

"I see.... You don't want to get to serious with someone because you don't want to get hurt." I nodded.

"When we kissed.... I-I realized I'm starting to have feelings for you, but I knew your just screwing around." he sent me a confused look.

"What makes you think I'm just screwing around?" he asked me.

"Hahaha. You don't wanna be with me, trust me."

He stood up from his chair and walked over to me. Once he was right in front of me, he leaned down and kissed me. He didn't give me enough time to kiss him back before he pulled away. 

"I don't know what it is about you, but you get me. You understand who I am and now I want to know who you are."

I didn't know what to say to him so I just kissed him. We kissed for a few minutes and than we decided to go to sleep. He wrapped his arms around my waist and he put his face in the crook of my neck. Then, we fell asleep just like everyone else.
____________________________________

*Jay's POV*

"Wake up!" I heard someone yell. I slowly opened my eyes. "Who has to go to the lavstory?" I heard the voice say again. I raise my hand and I feel John raise his hand as well.

*Time skip to the girls bathroom*

I washed my hands and we began to head back to the library. Out of the blue, I heard a quiet voice say:

"I like your jacket..." I look behind me and I see that girl who sits at the back of the library.

"Thanks." I smiled at her and I began to walk beside her back down the hall way.

"Aren't you boiling in it?" Claire asked me, surprisingly not in a snotty way.

Truth is, I am, but I can't take my jacket off. I never take my jacket off around people other than my mom.

"Hello? Did you hear me?" Claire asks.

"Uhh...yeah I did and no, I'm not boiling." 

We walked into the library and the boys were already back. I took my seat back beside Brian.

"Hey..." he says quietly.

"Hey. What's up?"

"I just....um... Can I rest my head on your shoulder? I m-mean, you don't have to! I just... I.. Uh... I like being close to you..." I laughed at him.

He looked at me hurt. I could tell everyone was staring at me because of my loud laugh.

"Brian." I grabbed his hand and interlocked our fingers. "You don't have to ask. I have that feeling too."

He smiles at me and lays his head on my shoulder.

"Are you two dating?" I heard Andrew ask.

Brian's head shot up and he let go of my hand. Before either one of us could say something, I heard Bender say:

"Who cares?" he sounded a little angry. He began to glare at me. He got up and walked away from the group. Before I even knew what I was doing, my body got up and went after him. I wasn't very happy either. I saw him leaning against a bookshelf with a cigarette in his mouth. I stomp over to him and grab the cigarette from his mouth.

"Hey. I was smokin that!" he tries to take it back, but I pull away at the last minute.

"What the fuck is your problem!?" I yell at him.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Why are you being an asshole to Brian!? What did he do to you!?" I ask him.

"It doesn't matter. So, fuck off." I raised my hand and brought it done across his face.

He didn't move for a few seconds, but then he turned and looked at me, shocked. His facel expression turned from shock to anger. He stepped forward so he was right in front of me.

"Fine! You wanna know what the fuck my problem is?! He's all over you! And you're not even trying to stop him!" I smirked at him.

"So... You're jealous?"

"Huh?! No! Why the fuck would I be jealous?!"

"Admit it Bender! You have feelings for me!" he walked forward until he was right in my face.

"You're wrong." he growled at me. 

"I am?!" I question him.

He slumps against the bookshelf behind him and he looks down at his feet with a sad expression. I step forward and I grabbed his face. I turn his face so that it's facing mine. Our eyes met.

"Brian is just my friend. I promise." he continues to just stare at me.

I step closer to him. Our lips almost touching.

"I promise." I say quietly and then I close the distance between us.
____________________________________

Hey guys, it's nat! I'm super sorry that this chapter is so late. Also, that this chapter is kinda boring.... Sorry! My exams are done so I just wanted to relax and chill with the family for a bit. Anyways, thank you soooo much for reading! Love you guys!❤❤