20 | Purple

Crystal Collins

After excusing myself to go use the ladies room, I stared at myself in the mirror as I cursed underneath my breath. Not only did Corey want to be in his child's life, but be wanted to me in mine too?

This totally caught me off guard.

Yeah, he had a crush on me all throughout high school, but his feelings for me were still there? Corey even said him self that he didn't want to just be in my life for the sake of the child's. I didn't even feel the same way! How am I suppose to reply back to that?

I let out a deep breath as I decided to look at myself one more time in the mirror, then return back at the table that Corey was waiting for me patiently at. When I returned, he smiled at me as I took a seat back on my side the booth. I also noticed that the food that both of us ordered was finally here at the table.

"When did the waiter bring the food out?" I asked. "Is my food cold?"

"It shouldn't be. They brought it out not too long ago."

"Oh okay. Cool," nodded as I picked up the napkin that my silverware was wrapped up inside of.

"What took you so long in the bathroom?" he questioned me.

"Does it matter?" I snapped back.

"I thought that you sneaked off and left."

"No," I lightly chuckled as I stuffed my mouth with a fork full of noodles.

I had a taste for chicken and shrimp pasta, so that's exactly what I ordered.

"Slow down girl!" Corey laughed as he watched me devour another fork full of food.

"I'm hungry," I shrugged.

It was true that I was hungry, but I was also trying to avoid the topic of conversation that we was on before I left to go to the bathroom to begin with. But of course, with Corey being Corey, he didn't leave the conversation alone.

He just had to bring it back up.

"So do you think about it?" Corey blurted as he washed down his food with a sip of his Sprite that he ordered.

"Think about what?" I asked, pretending to be clueless.

"You know .. about me being around more."

"Corey you know we've always been friends. Of course."

"No, I mean as in -" he cleared his throat before continuing. "I want to be with you."

"That's nice that you want to be with me for the sake of the baby, but I -"

"Crystal I don't think you understand. Like, I want to be with you. With or without you being pregnant with ny child, I want you."

I let out a slow sigh as I put my fork down. He just would not give up.

"Corey I'm sorry but I just don't see you in that way. You're nothing more than a friend."

"So if I'm nothing more than a friend, why are you pregnant with my child?"

"Corey please don't got there," I stated as my tone became more serious. "You know what I did was an accident. If I could reverse back time I would. We all make mistakes."

"So I was just an 'accident'? You played with my emotions Crystal!" he practically yelled as he banged his fist down on the table - causing his fork to fall off the table, and practically the whole restaurant to look at us.

"Since when was this about emotions? You know it was nothing more than sex, and lower your voice!" I tried to whisper.

"You lied to me," he shook his head as I saw him trying to fight back tears, as he continued.