Chapter 24

Scott gave his microphone to one of the crew members back stage as he walked off, following everyone else to the dressing rooms.

He got a couple "that was really nice" and "you were so caring to do that."

Compliments for bringing up such a thing at one of their concerts

Their last one for that tour to be exact.

Scott started making his way to his dressing room when a small pair of arms wrapped around him from behind.

He heard little sniffles as he turned around to hug back.

"It's ok, Mitchie."

Scott ran his hand through his boyfriends hair.

He felt the small man smile against his chest.

Mitch look up to the tall blonde, still grinning from ear to ear. "Thank you," he whispered.

Scott smiled back as he brought Mitch's head back to his chest.

The two swayed as people started leaving the stadium.

Kirstie, Avi, and Kevin came over from their dressing rooms to chat.

"We did so good tonight," Kevin said, beaming proudly as they walked up to Mitch and Scott.

The couple separated themselves from their hug, but still clutching onto each other's arms.

"Yes we did. I really liked how we ended it too," Avi added.

Everyone looked to Scott with gentle smiles.

"Scott, that was the most amazing speech I've ever heard you say. And I'm so proud that you weren't afraid to tell it to everyone, cause who knows who could be judging your every word. And I bet you made your family proud," Kirstie said, giving Scott a kiss on the cheek.

"We all made our families proud. Thank you all for the support, I really appreciate it," Scott thanked.

Mitch just smiled, still speechless.

"And I did not know we were gonna sing Light in the Hallway, that was a good idea," Kirstie added, earning a small chuckle from everyone.

"Scott!" Everyone turned to the voice.

Scott's mom, Connie, ran up to her son and engulfed him in a warm embrace.

"I'm so proud of you. You all did so good tonight," she said, tearing up against Scott's shoulder.

"Thanks mom." His dad then walked up to join them. "Hey dad."

"Son," Connie backed away so that his dad could hug Scott as well.

"I loved your performance. And the end- you made everyone cry, even Mike (Mitch's dad)."

Speaking of him, Mitch's parents, Mike and Nel, come up to the small group.

Mitch takes away his arms from Scott and wraps them around his parents.

"Oh Mitch, you were so wonderful up there. All of you were," Nel said, rubbing her sons back.

The family backed away to look at each other.

Mitch could still see tears on his fathers cheeks. Happy tears.

"I can't wait until you guys start your next tour! You will all do so great," Mike added.

Mike patted Mitch's back and approached Scott.

Scott smiled as Mike took his hand in both of his, squeezing tightly.

"Thank you," Mitch's father whispered, his voice breaking.