Chapter 13- The game

“Curse Fuji, curse you Fuji, go and die Fuji.” she muttered, as they sat in the van heading back to the hotel where he had an interview shortly after. “When I find you, I will personally stew you then feed you to the vultures. Or maybe I could make you drink endless supply of Aozu till you die. Yes, I like that.” she laughed evilly to herself.

“Has she always been like this?” Ryan whispered to Tezuka who nods his head.

“She have not changed much.” he said, earning a dark look that made him gulp, especially when she held up the small vile with bubbling blue liquid.

The hotel was surrounded with a swam of paparazzi, trying to take pictures of any celeb that leaves or enters the hotel. They had entered by the back with the help of the hotel’s staff.

Tezuka and Ryan headed to a private room where the interview was held, as the other player too had their interview. Hanae went back to her room to read through the notes then prepared her training menu for the next day.

While she was planning it on her iPod, Tezuka sat in the room with a man in his thirties, dressed in a smart suit. On the table in front of him was his phone which was used as a recorder.

“Mr Tezuka, it is an honour to meet you. I am Brandon Williams of Tennis Pro Monthly.” he extended a hand and Tezuka took it. “So I will start with some questions that the readers are interesting in: we’ve heard that you have another doctor, many are wondering if both of you are dating.”

“No, we aren’t.”

“Ok, but would both of you be in the future?”

“I’m not sure.” he said with the same monotone but if Inui was there he would say that his tone was lowered by: 60%.

“Do you have any plans to do anything after this game?”

“I plan on taking a break from tennis, maybe continuing my model career for awhile.”

“Speaking of modelling, we have received news that you and Miss Hanae were modelling for Juicy, a well known magazine by Syuusuke Fuji, by chance do your know each other?”

“Yes, we went to the same middle school.”

“I see... That’s it for now, is it alright if I take a picture of you?” he took out his Canon camera.

“Please go ahead.” Brandon took a few shots.

“This may be rude, but could you smile.”

“Then no.” Tezuka got up, ready to leave when Brandon took out an envelope and handed it to him. “What is this?”

“Photos send to the company by photographers. Please look through.” Tezuka looked at the few photos of when he and Hanae were playing that morning when he smiled after a long time, also when she was close to him. “Are you sure that there is nothing going on between the both of you?”

“No there isn’t. I’d just knew her from my manager, who was the one who had arranged her being my doctor.”

“You two seem closer than just meeting each other.” Tezuka did not answer and just headed to the door “ You know that they would make assumptions, and it may not be nice.” the door shut behind him.

“So what happened?” Ryan asked in the elevator.

“He asks too much.” Tezuka handed him the envelope. “Burn them.” he walked out and headed to his room.

“Hey, so how did the interview go?” she sat on his bed cross-legged.

“He was annoying, asking questions he shouldn’t after it ended.” he sat by the window looking out at the city.