01

CHAPTER ONE:

CHAPTER ONE:

Faceless people pass, along with buildings covered with bright signs and cars as I look out the window biting the insides of my cheeks with nervousness.

The music playing from the car's stereo is turned down low so that I can barely hear it. While Richard the kind driver that my parents had waiting for me at the airport from my new school, hums along to it quietly. Loud car horns are blaring and I can hear loud street music as we stop at a red light.

My phone rings again for the third time in the last fifteen minutes. Now it's my father calling for the same reason my mother has been but this time I turn my phone completely off.

I know that I'm being hostile towards them and I almost feel bad but a week ago I didn't even know they were thinking of dropping me off at this new school while they're both in London for business for the rest of the year. Let alone the fact that I had no say in the matter what so ever.

"Miss Reeves, we'll be at Lanson in less than a minute." Richard announces as we pull up in front of large gates. They open once we stop in front of them revealing the school.

"Brooklyn, Richard." I correct him mustering up a smile as I meet eyes with him in the rear view mirror. The drive from the airport to Lanson has already been almost an hour and Richard has filled me in on his entire life and his children's.

I look out the window and watch as the school comes into view. It's just like pictures that I've seen. There are tall pillars framing the expansive dark brick building that stands nearly four stories high. The large grass area in front of the school is filled with gorgeous plants and seating areas. As my parents like to boast on the phone, Lanson Richmond Academy for Business and the Arts is one of the most prestigious schools in the world. Less then twenty students get accepted into Landon out of the thousands that apply each year.

Jax, currently my one and only friend in New York has told me horror stories about this school. When he used to go here before he had his big break and became the Jax King. He would get picked on all the time because he didn't come from money like them.

I wipe my sweaty palms on my jeans as I recall the last talk I had with my parents both of them telling me that this is a wonderful opportunity for me to learn more about music and the way it works because of course everything is leading back to when I take over their company.

Craning my neck I look out the window even more as we pull into the carpool lane in front of Lanson. We park in front of the school and before I can do it myself the driver opens the door for me. I step out of the car taking a deep breath kind of feeling disgusting after a four hour flight from LA to here.

"I'll get your bags and put them in your room." He tells me before giving me a small smile and I thank him before I start to walk up the stairs that lead to the main entrance of the school.