(1.11) The Truth

Against her wishes, Eden felt herself falling into a dream and sure enough when she opened her eyes she found herself looking out to the large meadow of purple flowers she was beginning to know so well. She looked around, searching for some sign of Klaus, but when she found it empty, she began to wonder where he could be. At first, she sat in the meadow, trying to learn how to weave the violet flowers into a wreath, and when she couldn't master it, she threw the half weaved piece into the river with an exasperated grunt. She waited for the sound of the objet to hit the water, but when she heard nothing, she turned around to figure out if she'd missed.

"You know, when I was younger Rebekah tried her hardest to teach Henrik and myself how to make these. She insisted that we learn 'for our daughters' though that was before we knew that children would never be in any of our futures." Klaus said quietly, Eden's pathetic attempt of the wreath dangling between his long fingers. He watched Eden, gauging her for what her reaction would be to him, yet Eden said nothing, she only watched Klaus, unsure of what to say.

Klaus didn't like that the girl was quiet, it made him think that she was afraid of him and he'd actually started to think of Eden as a friend. Though he didn't push a response from her, he just took a seat on a rock and began trying to save Eden's broken wreath by picking new flowers and replacing the fallen ones. Eden watched him quietly, a little intrigued by how gentle his large hands were being. When Klaus finished, he held the wreath up in his hands and examined it carefully.

"Still laughable in comparison to Rebekah, but I think it serves better than the monstrosity you created." Eden snorted.

"I was raised in the 90's, we didn't do this sort of thing." Klaus smirked, happy that Eden had finally broken Klaus' one way conversation. He walked over to her and he caught her stiffen slightly, but he just placed the wreath on top of her head and held his hand out for her to take. She looked from his hand to his face, trying to figure out if it he would do anything but Klaus only rolled his eyes.

"Come on luv, how long have we've been here together? If I was going to do something to you, don't you think I would have done it by now?" While Klaus did have a point, she still felt hesitant on if she should trust him or not. In the end her irrational side won out, and she took his hand to let him pull her up. Once she was standing, Klaus began to rearrange small pieces of the wreath in her hair until it was exactly the way he liked it.

"Neat freak." She muttered, but he ignored it.

"Now, tell me Eden, what is the problem?" Klaus asked, though he knew exactly what was wrong. Still, he figured that it would be better if he could get her to talk about it rather than to force her to tell him. Eden snorted, looking at Klaus before crossing her arms.

"My town is full of monsters. This whole town has been overrun by monsters and everyone is acting like I'm some kind of broken toy." She ranted, and Klaus watched her, slightly amused at how flustered she was getting.

"This entire planet is full of monster Eden, and you're just upset because you didn't know about it." Klaus stated, to which Eden shrugged.

"You would think that they would tell me something like that when they are the reason my best friend is dead." She griped, a pang of sadness racking through her as she thought about Damon.

"Donovan is dead?" Klaus questioned. Odd, he didn't remember sending anyone after him.

"No, well yes. Matt had an older sister and they killed her. Damon killed her." She seethed the last part.

Klaus hummed. "Well I'm sorry to hear that, you must be very upset." Eden glared at the hybrid, not in the mood for his hollow sympathy.

"I'm fine. I'm always fine." She snapped, walking a few paces away from the dirty blond. Klaus watched her, unsure of what to say as to not further anger the woman in front of him.