Chapter 2

For a long time I've noticed Kousei getting worse. I saw him less frequently and I wanted to check up on him, go over and make sure he was eating. But I've exhausted all my techniques for trying to make him feel better, I don't know what else to do. Thankfully I was gonna see Kashiwagi today and she usually had good advice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got to school, holding my duffle bag for softball and my back pack on my shoulder, I found Kashiwagi at her locker exchanging some books.

"Hey Kashiwagi"

"Oh hey Tsubaki, what's up?"

"I don't know what to do about Kousei, I've tried everything. I've been trying to be really nice and not bring her up, but he still shuts me out"

"That's where you're wrong, he needs to grieve, and it's better he has someone to talk about it with, you need to cut the crap and tell him you're going to get him through this."

"But what if he won't listen."

"Make him listen"

"Ok thanks, I'll let you know how that goes"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went home and made some rice balls to take over to Kousei's, I made a bunch just in case he was hungry I could bring him more later. I walked over to his place, anxiously holding a small plate of rice balls with saran wrap covering them. I knocked on the gloomy door, I waited for a bit, I wasn't gonna pound on the door like normal. After a while I checked the door, unlocked, dang it Kousei. I opened the door slowly, I didn't wanna freak him out, but who else would be creeping around his house? I decided not to linger on the porch, so I slowly pushed open the creaking door. Nobody seemed to be around, I continued my search upstairs. His bedroom, nope. Music room, not there either. The one room left was his mother's old room, there he laid on the floor, staring blankly at a wall.

"Kousei?" I asked hoping he'd look up at where a stood in doorway. He barely moved, not acknowledging that I was there. I put down the plate and laid next to him, meeting his unchanging gaze. "Kousei everything is gonna b-" wait no, remember what Kashiwagi said, I just need to be straight up with him, "Kousei, listen when I say this, I know everything sucks *he flinched, he's eyes coming into focus*, I know it's painful, I know you need to let it out, no more of just laying on the ground, passing through your life without living. I know what you went through, I lost her too. Just be with me rather than in your own world, you've been somewhere else for too long."