Roadtrip

Chapter 15
Rachel's pov:
"You know you should really lock your door." A voice said.

I turned around and sitting there was my mom and dad .

"Mom, Dad, what are you doing here?" I asked them .

"When were you going to call us?" My mother asked me .

"I'm sorry?" I said confused .

"How could you not tell us our granddaughter was a lesbian!" My mother yelled .

"How did you even find out?" I asked her.

"I got a letter from your daughter!" She yelled.

"Okay can you not yell for a second ! Yes, Layla is gay but that doesn't matter." I told them .

"Doesn't matter ! Of course it matters ." My father said.

"Why do you care all of the sudden? Layla is a good girl, she is who she is and I love her no matter what ." I said .

"And Finn? What does he think about this?" She asked me.

"He doesn't know yet but he will when she's ready." I said.

"For 15and a half years you have kept that girl from her father and now you're going to keep this from him too!" She yelled at me.

"You know why I did what I did ! And as for Finn and Layla it will be her decision to tell him when she's ready! I am just trying to support her and if you have a problem then you can get the hell out of my apartment!" I yelled .

We all stood there silently and then my mother ,

"You are disgraceful." My mother said .

I shook my head and said ,

"No mother you're the disgraceful one." I said and opened the door for them and they left.

I slammed the door angrily and scream angrily ,

"Ughhhhh!!!"

Suddenly Layla came out . I looked at her and said,

"How much did you here?"

"All of it." She said sitting down.

"Oh god I'm sorry." I said .

"Mom if me being gay is a problem...."

"Hey, don't even go there. I am so proud of you for being this brave. You're grandparents are just old fashion that's all." I said.

"I don't want you guys to fight over this though." She said.

"Honey this has nothing to do with you. This fight started 16 years ago and that's how its always been. Just know that I love you no matter who you are or who you decide to date." I said.

"Thanks mom." She said.

"However, I do think you should tell your dad , he would want to know." I said.

"Will he be mad?" She asked me.

"Of course not, he loves you." I said.

"Okay I'll tell him." She said.

"Great!" I said .

"Maybe we should tell him in person. What do you think of a road trip?" She asked me.

"I think we should go pack." I said and we went into our rooms and started to pack.

(2 hours later)
"Okay kid, I've got sweet stuff, salty stuff , chewy stuff , and drinks." I said.

"Mom we'll only be gone for a couple days." She said.

"Yes but road trip food is the best kind of food." I said and we put our stuff in the Jeep and left .