chapter 1

"Mom you don't have to worry about me I'll be fine." I tried telling my mom in a reassuring tone, but it didn't seem to ease her nerves.
"Fine, fine. Just please be safe Aleks," she said in a demanding voice, "I don't want anything happening to my baby."
"I know, I promise to be safe."
"Well, I guess I'm on my way," I began seeing my mother's eyes water, "I'm.. gonna miss you Aleks."
She went in for a hug and I reassured her everything would be alright.
"I'll be back before you know it Mom."
Here come the waterworks.
"I-I know I j-just will really m-miss you." She said in a very saddened tone.
"Well I need to start unpacking Mom, I love you, SO SO much." I said, letting go of her strong grip.
"I love you too, baby," She said, eyes glistening with salty tears, "call all the time!!"
"Yes ma'am, love you!"
"I love you too Aleks."
I waited by the window until I saw her get into her car and wave away.
Here's to new beginnings.
I began with my suitcase, unpacking my shirts into the small compressed drawers near the wall. Then, a big box that would have been used for random things such as Easter decorations, now with bed coverings and little decorations for my table.
Where the fuck are my fairylights?
I started going through each box and finally found them and set them up at the corner of the room where my bed is.
It was already five and I was getting tired from the day of driving I just had.
I walked to my computer which was now set up on the small desk next to my bed and opened Spotify to play music.
I wasn't sure why, but I always seemed to need music for sleeping. I turned on Intertwined by Dodie Clark and fell into my uncomfortable bed. I curled up my legs and fell asleep.
-- a/n
short chapter yikes !!! promising (hopefully) super long chapters soon for the more climaxed parts so keep up for those! thank u for reading!! -sophie :)