Chapter two

Detective Drew continued to drive as fast as he could travelling further away from Manerfield’s police station constantly looking in his back mirror to see if they were being followed. Weaving through the traffic and speeding through traffic lights, made the man in the back very nervous.

‘Who are you!? What’s going on? Why are there people after you?’ The man in the back asked frantically as the adrenaline was rushing through him.

Drew looked back at him in the car mirror, while keeping an eye on the road.

‘I’m Detective David Drew of Manerfield’s police station. It’s complicated, and... it’s complicated. To answer both your questions there.’

 ‘Oh great! Well at least that explains why you jumped out of a window!’ The man said sarcastically, Drew chuckled to himself.

‘So, you are you?’ Drew asked, while staying concentrated with the roads in front of him.

‘Yeah, great time for introductions!’ There was a pause of silence in the car ‘My name is Robert Wilson...’ Wilson was interrupted by the sound of a deep long horn that came from the right of the car. As they both looked, they could see a lorry heading straight towards them from the junction they were on. The impact of the lorry hitting them was enough force to roll the car over. As the car lay upside down, Drew could see through the broken window of the car that someone was getting out from the lorry, and he saw a gun in his hand.

‘Wilson, Wilson!’ Drew yelled.

‘What!’ He responded angrily.

‘Get out! Quick!’ Drew screamed as he began to get out himself.

‘What do you think I’m doing!? If you weren’t such a bad driver we wouldn’t...’ Wilson was yet again interrupted, but this time by Drew pulling him out of the wreckage. Which is when Wilson saw the lorry driver, in a form of a siluet coming towards them with a gun.

‘Run!’ Drew shouted, as soon a gunshot went off in the distance which made a loud ting sound as it hit the car next to them.

They both ran off into the distance with the shooter chasing them, and firing repeatedly at them. Before they sprinted into an alleyway Drew looked back to see a dark siluet from the street lights that looked identical to the one in Manerfield’s police station window.

‘Come on!’ Wilson screamed to Drew from within the alleyway causing an echo to emerge that surrounded them both.

Drew took Wilsons instructions and continued running behind him. They tried to lose the siluet, and eventually succeeded. They both rested against a wall to catch their breath, still looking over their shoulder just to check they had completely lost him.

‘Have you got a house?’ Drew questioned to Wilson still out of breath from running.

‘I have a flat on Sherman Street.’ Wilson responded, sounding more out of breath then Drew.

‘Right then, I’ll follow.’ Drew requested.