Chapter 45

Lilly's POV

We both awkwardly walked in the garden side by side not saying a word. I did have to admit he was good looking, with his golden blonde hair and sea blue eyes. But I wouldn't allow myself to fall in love with this stranger. He kept glancing at me every now and now as we walked.

"Ms. Adams,"
"Call me Lilly, I sound old when you say that." With my remark he smiled a little and continued.
"Well Lilly I just thought that maybe we should get to know each other a little more by asking each other some questions."

Roses were scattered all along the path. Some were pure white, while others were blood red. The pathway was lined with stone and flowers in every direction.

"Okay, there's not much to know about me though."
"Well for starters I know your beautiful." Ethan said again showing off his perfect crystal white teeth.

Some part of me wanted to hit him, but the other was flattered. I kept walking trying my hardest not to think about his comment.

"Anyways, I guess I'll ask the first question. Where's your favorite place in the whole world?" He asked.

We both stopped at the path and sat down on a bench that was along the path of roses. The sun started to peak behind the clouds trying to make its appearance once again.

"At home, with my family. I haven't seen them in so long." I answered back. Which I was a little surprised I let myself say. The words spewed out of my mouth flowingly.

"Now you ask me a question."
"I'm not really into this kind of stuff."
"Well, I just thought maybe we should get to know each other. I don't want to start out on a bad foot, which I guess I already have."

I had felt a little guilty for saying taut but he didn't know me. I don't like opening myself up to others,yet I still don't know to this day why I even answered his question.

I didn't bother to look at him because I already knew he was staring at me, through the corner of my eye I saw it. Guilt was something I always hated to feel. and when I was around him I felt it quite a lot. He never knew what I went through, or what had happened between me and Harry in the woods, my final visit to him before he burned to death.

"Lilly, I know you probably don't like me, but I really think if we get to know each-other that,"
"That what!? We'll fall in love?! It's not going to happen! Your a stupid little spoiled rich boy!!! Who can't think of anyone besides himself!"

I ran, all the way back. Running across the stone path in the garden lined with white and red roses. Tears threatened to spew from my eyes at any second. Luckily my hand wiped away the first tear to tumbled down my eye. The path began to be more and more blurry. So I decided to go off it. I ran across the lawn not listening to Ethan trying to catch up to me.

Tripping over my feet with every step I took, I stumbled over to what appeared to be a hedge maze. When I entered the opening to it there were three options for me to go in, right, left, or the middle. As soon as I heard the voice growing louder I quickly went down the left path. At that moment I just ran into numerous paths without a care in the world. My only motivation was to get away from Ethan as fast as possible.

I ran the hardest that I had ever run in high heels and in a flowing dress. My mind was too busy on focussing on the path that laid before me. So when I looked up, I was frightened. An old woman was right in front of me staring at me. Who knows what her first impression of me was. Tears down my face, running like a mad man through that maze, and looking all fancy. Her eyes were grey, hair matching the color of her eyes, skin wrinkled, yet she looked interesting.