Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I turned to the last chapter of my Mills and Boons novel debating if I should read it or not. I mean, the book was so fricking good the thought of finishing it alone was lonely! Just like the last one and the one before that, this one was my favorite. It was funny though; I was anything but a hopeless romantic. In fact, the thought and sight of love makes me gag. Literally, I actually gagged in front of a happy couple once.

Did they see me?

Yes, yes they did. I was sitting right next to them on the bus.

But did I mean to do it?

No, no, I didn't. It was a gag reflex. For gods sake! They called each other "Pooch-bunny." "Pooch-bunny!"

Anyway, the point was, Mills and Boons novels were the exception for me. And this book in particular, kept me sane throughout yesterday. Putting myself under house arrest in this five star hell hole was too much stress. It had been twenty four hours, two minutes and twenty seven seconds since the little question and answer session I had with my boss. Needless to say, I had locked myself in my room ever since.

It was simple really, how could I experience living with criminals if I avoided them altogether?

You're probably wondering what I would when my "second job" as Mr. Alexander's "mini me" officially begun.

With much deliberation and although it would've been fun getting on Mr. Alexnder's nerves, keeping it professional was probably the best solution. Maybe doing so might get him to trust me enough to live in my own home and adopt a puppy like I had planned. Either way, what's done was done, and he was my boss weather I liked it or not.

I DID NOT LIKE IT, just for the record. Or HIM or ANYONE IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN HOUSE.

Well, except Aurora, she was a sweetheart. From time to time, she would come upstairs for a little chat and even fixed up the TV. But that wasn't the only reason I loved her... sneaking me breakfast, lunch and dinner so I didn't have to go downstairs, took the cake.

Knock! Knock!

My stomach replied Aurora's before my mouth did it's job. I was so hungry, I could eat a mattress right now.

However, my huge smile turned into a confused frown when she closed the door behind her... empty handed. When the quirky blonde smiled apologetically for the second time in twenty three hours, I had a very good understanding what it meant.

"No," I whined, shaking my head.

"I'm sorry. He said I should call you downstairs. He's waiting for you."

"Roar, please just sneak me some food and tell him I ate before he got up. You know, like you did last time."

She shook her head and widened her doe-eyes. "He was already at the kitchen waiting for me... with that intimidating glare... and raised eyebrow."

I sighed and sat upright knowing it wasn't Aurora's fault. I've known him less than a week and even I was a familiar with his don't-fuck-with-me raised eyebrow.

"I'm not hungry, Roar."

"Really?" she smiled coyly, looking at my grumbling belly. "'Cause another part of you disagrees." I sighed again, placing my hand on the greedy little thing. "Please Eli, I can't tell Mr. Alexander no. Literally. He's my boss."

See Eliyanna, that's professionalism.

I looked at Aurora, knowing that I couldn't let her suffer because of this stupid thing. Plus, my mattress was literally starting to look good right now.