Of Apples and Fantasies

Disclaimer: Hunter x Hunter and its characters belong to Yoshihiro Togashi-sensei. 

Artwork's credits to its rightful creator.

A/N: There will be references to Sui Ishida's Hisoka Origin Story as well. If you haven't read it, I strongly recommend you to check it out! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been quite an interesting fight at Heaven's Arena for Gon. The young boy went back to that coliseum to put into practice his hatsu Jajanken, particularly his emission (paper) and transmutation (scissors) variations. He was definitely making such an impressive progress as Master Wing and Zushi pointed out after Gon's matches. The young boy never ceased to impress them, it was as if he was a Pandora's box, with his yet-to-be-discovered full potential. His matches were a real thrill and the public struggled to get the best spot and witness Gon's performance.

That day was overall fruitful for Gon but his limbs were stiff and aching. He noticed he'd been improving and polishing up his Nen abilities but still "It isn't enough", he thought and sighed. Regardless, the young hunter's constant dedication, one of his most admirable qualities, stuck with him as a motivational boost in his training. His will to deal with any hardships to get stronger without fail was astonishing and inspiring. "Nothing is totally unreachable", he muttered under his breath and felt more optimistic. Eyes sparkling with determination.

After spending some time with Master Wing and Zushi, Gon headed back to his room on the 200th class floor. His resting place was far too big and luxurious, something that he had never experienced before. There were times when loneliness hit him like a streak of lightening. He wished he could share that space with his family, friends or... a lover. Did he even have a lover? Quite frankly, his mind was so focused on training that he totally neglected that aspect of his life. Love was not part of his agenda. Apart from his dates back in Whale Island, Gon never had a serious relationship and was convinced that he didn't need to be romantically involved with someone. He could have a vague idea of what it was like from Killua and Leorio. The soon-to-be doctor knew quite a lot on the subject since he was a ladies' man. Perhaps it'd be helpful to listen to his knowledge about love and relationships some other time.

As the days went by, loneliness and an unpleasant hint of emptiness spoke louder and louder. Deep inside, Gon was eagerly waiting for his dear someone who could perfectly pull his heartstrings and be part of a delicious intimacy. Despite his desires were absolutely normal at his age, Gon was so ashamed of those feelings and hormones vividly reacting that he attempted to dismiss them. He felt like he also had to train his mind to suppress those "needs" that made him feel quite vulnerable. Quite an unbearable task for the boy. He could't help it but blush and gave out a loud growl, feeling helpless and defeated.

It was midnight. Being still wide awake, Gon was toying with the idea of taking a bath in a large hot tub with some aromatic bath bombs provided by the housekeeping staff. After all, a hot bath was always welcome to cleanse body and soul whether it was in a fancy resort or in a place like Heaven's Arena. The hunter realized that it was what he exactly needed before his refreshing goodnight sleep. Not only did he need to get rid of blood, sweat and dirt but also to disconnect from his chaotic thoughts.

After an hour of well-deserved relaxation in a hot, fragrant and bubbly bathtub, Gon came out from a steamy bathroom and was ready to go to his bedroom, wearing nothing but his underwear and a black-and-green silk bathrobe, barely covering his thighs. There was no one else around so he didn't care about wearing more appropriate clothes.