Silas's P.O.V

No one knew what was wrong with me, not even myself. All I knew was that my family was terrified of me and my marriage was slightly fading away along with the rest of me. And I wondered just how Christofer knew of our plight, and why he decided to help us.

He made me uneasy by the way he stared at her, by the way he fathered my son. I wasn't about to let the bastard come in and ruin my perfect life. I had it perfect before the Enemy trespassed into my territory, before they gave him room to come in and patronize me and my family, whether they saw it or not. He was an Enemy. He wasn't the perfect vampire that they though he was. I saw it. I saw he was a two-faced son-of-a-bitch with the goal of tearing my family to shreds. And I was going to stand in the way and protect what was rightfully mine.

I watched as Lay slept next to me. It was a deep, yet uneasy sleep, not one hat I was used to seeing her perform. She kept her distance from me, back turned. She muttered inaudible things in her sleep, and I wondered why things weren't the same.

I found myself snuggling up to her, brushing her long, platinum hair from her face, smiling to myself as she inched towards me, trying to get as close as she could. She turned and snuggled her face into my chest, reminding me of a small child, as she used to be. I leaned down to her face, letting my lips press against he flawless cheek as her flawless eyes slowly opened to look into mine.

I smiled, and kissed her lips slowly, and for the first time in a long time, I felt complete.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey you guys! I know that I've been uploading fast, but in short amounts. I apologize. This was just a POV section I had been working on earlier this morning and I thought I'd upload it before the next chapter. It's always nice to have a peek into Silas's head, huh? Haha. (*^^* ) Anyways, I just thought I'd thank anyone who has continued reading my most read series, even though it's been forever since I started updating frequently again. Thank you so much, and tell other wattpaders that Sammi Suicide is back!

(Btw, the reason I stopped for so long was because my financial status forced me to rid myself of the almighty deity we call Wi-Fi, which left me pretty stranded, given I have a Windows 8 phone and the Wattpad app for it SUCKS A LOT.)