Ch. 2

"I'm glad your ok," Caroline said standing next to my bed "You really did some damage to your body."

"I need to leave as soon as possible." I mumbled unable to move my body with out it hurting "Why does it hurt so much?"

She looked at me confused "Seriously you don't know. If you were human you wouldn't be alive. You damaged your body to the point where the doctors are beginning to suspect something. Being your legal guardian, I keep getting questions asking about what you are like at home." Caroline sighed "What you did doesn't help your reputation, people are starting to assume something's up. You've been gone for a couple of episodes and people are asking questions."

I looked at her, What have I done? "Just give me a few days, and I promise nothing like this will ever happen again." My chest became heavy and my face felt hot.

"You poor thing, I hope you get better fast. I've never seen you in this much pain."

"Hey Deem,"

"What?"

I smiled "Nothing,"

"Are you taunting me?"

"No," I yawned "I just forgot what I was going to say." Caroline sat on the edge of my bed and hugged me.

"The more rest you get the sooner we can leave." Her hugs were always warm.

"Who's watching Sydney?" I asked leaning heavily on Caroline.

"My girlfriend,"

"Wait, you always told me you were straight."

"That was years ago," She sighed "A lot of things changed while you were gone. I've missed you so much, Sydney cried for a month when you disappeared."

"I feel like an awful person now, I don't know what I was thinking when I left."

"You look a lot better now," the nurse said as she came in "Visiting times are over now, I have to ask you to leave."

"What if I don't want her to leave?" I asked.

"Unfortunately she can't, you need to get some rest. Doctors orders." The nurse walked over to the window and closed the blinds. Caroline kissed my cheek and got up, "Sleep well, I'll be back tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye," I replied. The nurse shut the door behind Caroline,

"The doctor will be in here soon to see how you are doing, you should lie down and get some rest." The nurse commented, I nodded and laid down. A ton of weight was lifted and a sudden tiredness hit me.