three.

Ana

"You look nice." Lisa commented one night.

I glanced down at myself. "Thanks. Emily invited me to some bonfire tonight with her friends. Thought I'd go, enjoy myself. You know, socialize."

"The woods at night." Dad sighed. "Be careful."

I grinned, kissing him on the head as I passed. "Emily's driving me home so don't wait up."

"I'm surprised that you said yes to tonight." Emily said, leading me into the trees. "You haven't hung out with us in two weeks."

"I've had a lot going on." I shrugged.

The smell of alcohol and weed was almost blinding. There was a huge fire pit in the middle of the clearing. It probably wasn't smart for so many intoxicated people to be around a fire.

Emily grabbed my arm before I noticed, dragging me from person to person. They all acted like they were so ecstatic to see me, though I doubted they even remembered who I was. A beer bottle was shoved into my palm and I tried my best to go along with everyone else.

"Oh hey, it's...." Emily's boyfriend, Bobby, slung his arm heavily over my shoulder.

"Ana." I reminded him, trying to escape his grip.

"Right, Ana. Glad you could join us on this lovely evening." He smelled like he bathed in cheap beer. "Come sit with us."

We sat in a circle around the fire. Emily was practically in Bobby's lap, going at his neck like it was a meal. All next to me were Emily's two followers, Chrissy and Brooke and next to them was Bobby's best friend, Marcus. Those were the only three whose name's I bothered to learn.

Everyone around me was drunk or high out of their minds, while I was still barely through my first beer. I stared down at my hands, zoning out. This was a bad idea. Horrible, horrible idea.

My interest peaked when Justin's name was mentioned.

"Saw Bieber at the market today." Marcus said, sticking a cigarette in his mouth.

Bobby laughed, "Kid's a freak."

Something coursed through me. I felt the need to defend him.

"You don't even know him." I said sharply.

Everyone's heads turned to look at me. Chrissy scoffed, rolling her eyes in my direction.

"Don't have to." Bobby snapped. "In freshman year, he flipped a desk in English because a kid tripped him. Got suspended for two weeks."

"I heard he stabbed a kid with a pencil in 8th grade because he made some comment about his uncle." Brooke said, stealing the cigarette from Marcus. "They have a weird ass relationship."

"But these are all rumors?" I asked.

"They're most likely true." Bobby shrugged. "You know his story?"

I shook my head.

"He and his mom lived in his uncle's house before his mom died. His uncle's doesn't let him do shit. The kid has shitty social skills."

"One morning, Justin woke up and found his mom's body in the living room while his uncle wasn't home. Ever since then, he barely lets Justin out of the house. Only for school and stuff. I feel kinda bad for him." Brooke gave her much-needed input.

"I don't." Chrissy laughed. "He's a fucking weirdo."

"I feel bad that Ana has to live so close to him." Emily said sympathetically.