~10~

You guys wanted an update, so I updated - yay! If you would like to know my update schedule, you can't, because I don't have one! I just update when I feel like it, which is important for a writer, to feel like writing, because otherwise the chapter would be bad quality, and I wouldn't produce anything less than what I am satisfied with. So I hope this chapter satisfies you! 😏

________

I was having the strangest dream. It began with me falling off a boat and into the ocean, before being saved by a handsome stranger. There was a storm, and suddenly we were on an island, and the handsome stranger caught us fish and we ate it together at sunset, talking and laughing. The next thing I knew, I was floating above the ground – at least, that was what it felt like, but in my dream I could see the handsome stranger man's face screwed up in determination and glistening with sweat as he carried me in his strong, muscled arms. It was such a perfect dream, and I didn't want it to end, so when it began to fade at the edges I reached out, grasping at the wisps of consciousness that floated away from me, and though the picture disappeared, I could still hear his voice, calling my name and calling me back to my dream, as I stirred back into reality.

"Huda, are you awake?"

I scrunched up my eyes, feeling like my brain was swimming in my skull. I was so disorientated, it took me a minute for my limbs to come alive again, prickling with inactivity. Once the feeling returned in my body, I stretched my arms and legs out, but when I did so, my right hand knocked into something that felt a lot like a human being.

"Ow," I heard someone mumble, and that's when my eyes shot open, landing on the victim of my stretch.

"Ilyas?" I sat up, but that was probably a bad idea because my vision shimmered with white spots and I blinked several times, only to find myself face to face with Ilyas. Wow, I didn't know he had such brown eyes – like melted chocolate. And I craved chocolate so badly right now...

"Is she awake?"

The sudden appearance of a tan-skinned woman with thick black curly hair and a white smile broke our long, intense gaze, switching the focus on her. Once she saw me she grinned even wider, carrying a jug of water and a cup as she approached me.

"I'm so glad you are awake now. Here, drink this," she handed me the cup of water, and I was surprised at the force I snatched the cup, pressing it to my lips hungrily and letting the cool fresh liquid cascade down my throat. The woman let out a tinkling laugh.

"You must be very thirsty," she remarked. It was then that I took notice of the room I was in. It was a cool, white walled room with a couple of colourful fabrics hanging on the walls, the only light source being the window framed by wispy white curtains that flew in with the breeze. Ilyas sat on an ottoman beside the couch I was on, and I noticed a cup and plate of crumbs on the coffee table, which meant he must have eaten already.

"Thank you," I smiled back gratefully at the woman who must have taken care of me, but how had I gotten here? Last thing I remembered was being on a beach...I glanced at Ilyas, a question forming in my mouth, but I never got to ask it for the woman was telling me her name.

"I am Kalara, and you may stay here as long as you have to," she beamed as she set the jug on the wooden coffee table.

"Kalara – that's a pretty name," I complimented. "My name's Huda."

"I know, your friend here told me," Kalara glanced at Ilyas, who shot me a wink that left me momentarily speechless. "He was the one who brought you here, and told me everything."

"Everything?" I gave Ilyas an inquiring look, and he just shrugged.

"Yes. I know about your journey here, and I will be happy to help you," Kalara smiled perpetually, just like all the native Fijians we had met and seen so far. I mean, why wouldn't they be smiling, they lived in an island paradise.