8. Mysterious

Playing With the Pack

Chapter 8: Mysterious

Jace took my hand and led me upstairs into his office where this Alan guy was waiting.

Alan’s named was in Vanessa’s letter and I remembered him being the one who delivered the first letter to Jace.

I was not happy to see him.

He sat at Jace’s desk wearing a black leather jacket, black jeans, and a pair of combat boots.

There was something about him that didn’t sit well with me.

“Jace!” he said standing and holding his hand out, in which Jace shook.

“Hello Alan. What can I do for you?” Jace asked taking a seat in his Alpha chair in pulling me down in his lap.

Alan looked a little confused but just shook his head and slid a cream colored envelope across the desk. “I have this for you”.

“If this is a letter from Vanessa, I can’t take it. And if there will be anymore letters from her, I don’t want them so please don’t waste your time traveling all the way here for that purpose” Jace said.

“I don’t understand”.

“I have a mate and I think it is time to stop this lie. It was kept from many people over in Europe but not anymore. If we are going to destroy this beast, I want to do it knowing that I am an honest man and an honest Alpha. My beta’s feel the same way”.

“This is your mate?” Alan asked looking me over.

“Yes, this is my mate. Spencer”.

“But she’s human”.

“What’s your point?” Jace asked him.

Alan didn’t answer but instead, continued to look at me.

It was something about his gaze that seemed too familiar.

“Well then. I guess I should be heading out. I won’t bring anymore letters from Vanessa but I will leave this was here” he said pointing to the envelope before standing. “I will be on my way then”.

Jace nodded his head at him in an unspoken goodbye as Alan headed for the door.

I turned to Jace and smiled once Alan was gone. “You didn’t have to do that”.

“I wanted to do that. I love you and we are not going through this again over someone I care nothing about” he said kissing my neck.

It made me feel good to know that Jace felt this way. I didn’t want us to go through not talking and being away from each other. It would kill me.

“So where were we before we got interrupted?” He asked standing up and sitting me down on top of his desk.

“I don’t remember” I teased, wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling him closer to me.

He leaned down and pecked my lips. “Let me remind you”.

……………............................

“I just don’t think he deserves to be forgiven” Essence said.

I sighed and sat down next to her on the couch. “Do I really need to go into a whole best friend speech about how stubborn your being and use the lines you’ve used on me before when it came to Jace?”

She narrowed her eyes at me. “This is different”.

“Nope” I said popping the ‘P’. “This is the same, you just don’t want to believe it”.