A DATE ?

Edited by pallavi55

"I must admit , its looking more good on you than I imagined better than my sketch " she said with a smile
"Thanks for the compliment " I said .
It somewhat made me feel elated.

SHANAYA'S POV

"Are you with me shanoo !!!!
I heard neha yelling , we just reached the hospital . I was numb ,I just couldn't feel anything!!!!  May be I deserve to die. I just thought I should close my eyes and never snap back to reality but I couldn't. My heart just cried for my inability,I wanted to scream but I couldn't. The glass shards just pierced deep into my back . Everything was so dark,so blank,so painful.A tear escaped my eyes my heart screamed what a pleasant  gift you got in return for your love shanaya!!.
As i tried to breathe the shards digged deeper and deeper. The pain was immense but not more than the one you gave me love!"

I woke up with a jerk I checked the clock it was 5 in the morning & I was sweating profously,I tried to stable my breathing.  This was a another nightmare. I shook my head!! I was so disturbed after seeing him hurt especially with those glass! He could have simply cancelled the darn engagement why to harm onself for that, but somewhere I  was feeling relieved that his engagement was cancelled , he deserves someone better. Someone like me maybe I thought and smiled at my thought. Why am I thinking all this in the middle of night ? I should sleep. I shook away my thoughts and tried to sleep..

Office

"You know all are chitchating about the cancelled engagement!!! "Ella opened her bag of gossips as she entered  my cabin with my extra sweet cappuccino.
"Thanks for coffee" I smiled and continued
"People gossips even when they dont have stuff to speak about,but this I think would be big topic for them " brushing aside his thoughts
"Yeah ,  do you know why he did that ?" Ella quipped.
Why the hell did she thought I would know about that well i know but...
"How would I know Ella it could be an accident " I said innocently giving nothing away
"& we are not paid to gossip Ella , so go do your work & bring the details of monthly accounts I have to check "I added & focused on my work not further wanting to discuss about him

"Okey dokey "she said & went.
But the big question here was why    didnt he come to office and why is it affecting me at all!
Ella entered again
"Maam , this are some files which requires the signature of Mr.Stephan by tomorrow. Urgent! " Ella said crisply.
Wow I like my friend  she is so formal sometime and sometimes she is back like she is.!!
"What is it about ? " I asked equally crisp
"Its the quarterly report & is to be submitted by tomorrow noon to board for review maam "
"But he is not in office Ella"I reasoned

"But its important "Ella kept the file & returned to work
What should I do ? May be I should call him ? Ohh lord why is it so difficult to decide! Its for work and
I must call him.
I dailed his number the call connected and with ring my breathing hitched a notch high after the 4th he picked up the call and answered in a sleepy voice.
"Hello , Mr.Stephan Shanaya here " I spoke shakily
"Hello Shanaya "he spoke with a sleepy yet ohh so sexy voice!!!
"How are you ? " I asked in a gentle wispher.

"Fine "he answered after few minutes
"There are some important files which requires your signature by tommrow , so where I can send them? " I asked

"Send it to my apartment "he said
"Okay Mr.Stephan "
"& you too come I might  need some raincheck on documents"he added &
I choked but why me ? He can just read the documents himself
"I have other work to complete sir" I said reasoning myself why Icant be there

" come after office hours "he commanded & disconnected the call
How rude !!
There was still 4 hours left to office hours to end and I was already feeling butterflies in my stomach , it is like I am meeting him for the first time . He is different every time I meet him. May be there is something about him that i am not able to resist . His one word is enough to stop my breathing . His deep grey eyes always lure me & helps me to unfold all whats going on in his beautiful mind . May be I can give him chance but my scars dont let me to, what if he hurts me ? What if he leaves me like other did ? I am so broken up but why he is still trying to mend my broken pieces which eventually at the end might hurt him?