Chapter 11 ⚽️ A Match Knows No Bounds

Natsumi hated the white room Endou was stuck in. The lady didn't voice those complaints, it would only add fuel for Endou's daily need to escape, and attempts at it.

He's tried the window but his mother caught him in the act and hauled him back inside, now those window only allow an opening of 1cm. He also tried a disguise but the poster child for the soccer world was not easily missed. His third attempt was cramming himself in a cart, like he saw in the movies, but he found no cart big enough to hide his weight.

This gave Natsumi an official reason to station herself by his side during his recovery.

She wasn't the only one that had to change their schedule. Nurse Fuchou passed by their door more often the any of the other residents'. They had been here less then a month compared to patients that consider this place their home by now.

It was by luck that Kazemaru strolled in for a visits right when Natsumi couldn't stand another second inside.

Outside with a fresh breath of air, Natsumi could relax for a while. She could talk freely with her father, wanting to hear news of her beloved butler and other no mater how grave they weighed.

It just happened to be nothing good as there was bad. It was nothing, the worst between the two for any side.

On her way back inside, she sent a text to Bia, wishing her luck on her end. There were many ways things could go horribly wrong that Natsumi thought up, she kept them all to herself.

Taking a cold water bottle from the vending machine was when she took notice of Endou's parents by the white reception desk. She was ready to pull a smile to greet once they were done with with the receptionist.

"If you could sign here, please." The receptionist pointed down at a page.

"Ah, Natsumi!" Endou father smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, sir, thank you for asking." Natsumi said.

"And here, then after the last one here, your son is free to leave right away." The receptionist said next.

"I thought the doctor said the day after tomorrow would be safe?" Natsumi asked, surprised.

"The Doctor prefers an extra day but said it would be no harm to leave early." Endou's father explained with a laugh. "We thought a day longer and Mamoru would go worse."

"True." Natsumi kept her laugh in. "He'll be very pleased to hear this."

"Mind telling him?" Endou's father offered.

"Gladly." Natsumi smiled. It was the second time she hurried back to the white prison. She opened the door, ready to announce news that would make Endou's day, only for a soccer ball to graze past her.

She froze as the ball hit the wall behind here, then rolling down the hall. Kazemaru stared wide eyed while Endou was toppled down the bed, holding his reddened cheek.

"Are you two insane?" Natsumi glared between the two. "Might I remind you, this is a hospital, not a field!"

"I thought you were nurse Fuchou." Rubbing his cheek, Endou sat on the side of his bed.