Part 1

Crimson Confidante

England x Vampire! Reader

Ch.1- Encounter

AN- Guess who's back to writing Hetalia~

"I'm heading out for a bit." The tired british accent spoke, breaking the silence of the apartment he and his roommate shared.

"Hmmmm...." The blond American chimed back almost immediately. "It's getting pretty late dude. Plus don't you have a job to be doing, or at least attempting to start?"

"Alfred, you know very well I can take care of myself... and that... I'm still in the midst of a writer's block..." The older man sighed and reached into his pocket once more to check to see if his wallet and cell phone were still in the jacket pocket he had left them in. His slightly chapped lips curved into a smile as he realized that he had not turned into a forgetful buffoon... yet.

"Yeah yeah whatever..." Alfred waved him off in a mocking way. The usually obnoxious and loud American was off tonight it seemed. That or he was too enthralled in his current Overwatch match to really pay attention to his roommate leaving for a walk at 1am on a Friday night, or now, Saturday morning.

"I'll be home later." And with that the blond gent opened the door and stepped out into the brisk and wet night air.

The gloom of Seattle, Washington was always one to stick with you and the familiar rain and downcast weather could really make a British citizen feel a bit at home (even if the city prefered their awful coffee over such a lovely beverage as tea).

Arthur Kirkland, pulling up his waterproof hood over his already messy blond hair quickened his walking pace, already knowing he wanted to get away from the usual area he was in.

His thoughts began to wander as he continued his walking pace just as the rain began to come down a bit harder on the poor man. Sure, Seattle was nice and one of the least terrible places in the states to visit or live at... but how exactly did arthur Kirkland end up in the current situation he was in?

He was the ripe age of 23 now: no longer bound by schooling or facing the trials of marriage and family life either. The perfect age for most human beings one would argue, one where you can finally make something of yourself and hopefully survive off it till you grow old and gray.

He studied hard all through his youth and college, earning a master's in both writing and literature. And though he dreams of being a famous fantasy author... the creative muse seems to have not favored him currently. He hasn't written a single likable or eye catching thing in almost 4 months, and the emerald eyed man was nearly at his tipping point with it all.

So eventually he came to the habit of leaving for a walk whenever he was about ready to throw his laptop out the window or pull his hair out. The city was almost barren, besides the few drunken college students and homeless who would give me a stare as he passed them by.

"It'll be great dude!" Alfred's voice echoed back. "I got a great apartment in the best area of Seattle and have 2 spare bedrooms! You should take one. Plus I heard Seattle is the place for upcoming writers!"

Ah yes... how he was convinced to leave his small flat in London to move in with his American friend in the first place was besides him. But one way or another... Alfred convinced him and here he was, millions of miles away from home in another city, another country and totally alone.

Sure Alfred would always be there for him, but Alfred... Alfred already had some baggage he was dealing with and Arthur knew he could not pry on him constantly. Plus the 19 year old American was still trying to finish up school himself.