Part 4

Crimson Confidante

England x Vampire! Reader

Ch.4 - Revelation

Seattleites have a saying about their weather- it's bipolar so don't get attached to a certain one. And from what Arthur Kirkland had seen compared to the usual wet doom and gloom of London, Seattle had about 1 more day of sun than his precious city did.

Speaking of the rain, it seemed to come down harder on days the British male had plans than on days he did not. Today was no exception, as he stood tucked under your bunny umbrella while you finished zipping up your rain jacket, making sure to not let any more chills enter your frame.

To say he was a bit flustered was true, as Arthur's face held a soft pink tint as you began to walk away from him, only to tug his sleeve and pull him into the safety of your own umbrella. His shoulders bumped against yours in an attempt for both your bodies to get into a walking rhythm. Being the gentleman he was, Arthur attempted to grab the device from your hand to carry it himself, but he instead touched your hand as if he was attempting to clasp it in an awkward way.

You glanced at him curiously and he laughed rather loudly and awkwardly, his face turning a darker shade as he retracted his hand and used it as a shield to hide his blushing face. God, why was he such a spaz around women? Or rather other people in general... he always came off too harshly or too awkward.

The two of you stayed like that for a while, your shoulders and his no longer bumping together and now moving in sync. His emerald eyes looked up to the imprint of rabbits and he decided to break the tense air, that once again, he had created accidently.

"Are you fond of rabbits?"

You didn't answer back right away, making Arthur believe he had asked a rather dumb question. Of course you liked rabbits, your umbrella was imprinted with the fluffy creature.

"Hmm." You nodded and glanced up at them. "I suppose I am."

Your eyes met his and you smiled. "Do you?"

Arthur rubbed his blond locks awkwardly. "I-I suppose I do as well. Especially ones that are mint green."

"Mint green?" You responded, your voice a bit confused.

Arthur's eyes widened, he forgot that he was the only one he could see his flying friend. "I-I MEAN!"

He coughed and lowered his voice. "I mean if rabbits could be mint green, I think it would fit them."

You laughed and he smiled. 'Finally, things don't feel as awkward.'

"I take it you like the color green as well?" You asked him.

"Well green eyes are a trait in my family, and I grew up near the woods so I suppose I have always seen the color. What about you?"

"(Fave color)." You stated simple and twirled the umbrella's handle, thus sending a few droplets of water off the umbrella.

Before Arthur could continue any further the Light Rail had pulled up to the station and you hopped on as soon the door opened. Arthur followed suit and followed you to a row of seats. The train was nearly empty now, aside from the college student or older person traveling home for the night.

It was getting into the evening hours as well, near 7pm, so it was rather confusing where everyone was. But either way, it was nice not having to worry about finding seats or getting too close to whoever else was riding the train.

"Must be a sporting event tonight..." You mumbled as the train started to move slowly and then picked up.

"Must be. By the way, you have yet to tell me where we are headed, love." Arthur finally asked you. When you had said you knew a place to take him, he expected you to tell him, not suddenly start walking away.