Chapter Nineteen

Unravel

~

As night fell, Elizabeth felt a twinge of uneasiness. She also felt a migraine coming on strongly, as well a wave of nausea. She sat on the edge of the large bed and gave a heavy sigh. Being pregnant was great and all but it did have it's disadvantages. For example, everyone acted as if she were suddenly fragile, and she also tired out easily, she ate nearly two times what she was used to, and her bladder was now the worlds smallest balloon. As she crawled up on the bed and pulled the covers over her knees, her delicate arm hair stood on end. A groan escaped her lips as she snuggled down into her fortress of blankets and sleep stole her away before her head even touched the pillows. 

Elizabeth was normally a sound sleeper, even though she felt as though she hadn't been resting much lately. As she laid there fast asleep, a slim arm slid its way the small crack of the door and flipped the light switch off, "Goodnight, Lizzie." Lord Phantomhive carefully closed the bedroom door and made his way to his office, leaving a trail of crimson for Sebastian to clean up on his way in. 

Going out in search of game and  vampires during the midst of his blind rage had originally seemed like a good idea. Though, his wound wasn't life threatening, he had been lucky this time around. However, he hadn't left without taking a few heads, just not the correct one.  Ciel pushed open the doors to his office and stripped the blood soaked shirt from his pale torso. With a loud groan, he sat at his desk and began to assess the real damage.

He had assumed correctly, the man he was looking for hadn't been present in his own home. His intent wasn't to go there and expect to see him, no, his intentions were much worse. He knew he wouldn't be there.

His shoulder was busted open and leaking streams of crimson down his chest. He sighed as he heard the swoosh of a towel being thrown over an arm, "Finally cleaning up that mess, Sebastian?" He had leaned back with his eyes closed, in a relaxed state. "It's about time, I'm surprised it hasn't dried by now." 

He received no answer, instead he jerked to life at the sound of his office doors slamming shut. Standing a few feet in front of his desk was a small yet fierce looking Elizabeth, a towel soaked in blood hanging over her forearm. It had appeared she was the one doing the cleaning. "Elizabeth.." He quickly grabbed for his jacket and she jerked it from his hands.

"What have you done?" Her voice cracked as if she had already known.

"I didn't know you were awake, I had just stopped by the bedroom a moment ago and you were sound asleep." She didn't give any attention to his statement, she had a much clearer concern at hand. "What. Did. You. Do."

"You should go back to bed, Lady Phantomhive." Ciel stated, with a more serious look on his face, "I didn't mean to wake you."

"I woke to the smell of blood; your blood mixed with multiple others..You want to explain that to me?"

"I don't have to, Lizzie. Go back to bed."

"Do you think killing innocent people is okay? Because they did it to us??"

"Do you think eavesdropping is okay?!" Ciel burst into anger, "Because it's not, Elizabeth!"

"If I didn't then I would have no idea what was going on around here! You don't share anything with me!" Ciel stood from his seat and sent his chair flying off to the side of the room. "You don't need to know!!"

"Yes, I think I do!" She tossed the blood soaked towel to the floor. "When you come home coated in blood of innocent people, it intrigues me!!!"

"That's because you're bloody nosy, Cordelia!"