5.5

Chernobog, O Chernobog

You can't see anything. Your lungs are filled with smoke. You cough until you're on your knees, heaving.

His bloodstained hands bring salvation

The rusty tang of blood hits your tongue and you feel like a hundred small knives are being forced up your throat. You double over and puke. Teeth, blood, and black tar spill from your mouth. Your esophagus is cut and raw and bleeding. You feel the blood trickling down it. You vomit more teeth.

His bloodstained hands will bring us to salvation

You feel something move in your empty eyesocket. The fluid swishes around. Something slippery brushes against your flesh. A new wave of tar erupts from under your eyepatch, streaming down your face like a viscous black waterfall. When the drops hit the ground, they turn into wriggling, wet leeches. It feels like an eel has curled up in your eye.

His sons have come to live upon this wretched world

You heave again, but no teeth or blood comes up. Instead, something much too large is pushing its way upwards from your stomach. You feel something slick poke past your tonsils and touch your tongue. Fingers, thick, red, wet with saliva and mucus. A whole hand works its way into your mouth and forces it open. Another quickly joins it. They hold your mouth open so far it's painful. You gag as your throat tries to close around their wrists. Saliva and blood and tar drip down your chin. Rough, yellow nails dig into your skin. Still, the eel is swimming around in your eyehole.

His bloodstained hands will lead us to salvation

You want to scream. You can't.

His bloodstained hands

The two hands release your face and turn their palms upwards in exhalation.

His sons

The black eel bursts from behind your eyepatch and swims through the air, weaving between the hands' fingers.

Chernobog, O Chernobog

Bring us to our everlasting peace