II

t w o .

Luna made haste as she ran down the stairs, she had overslept again and would be late for her Herbology class.

She ran so hard and paid no attention to her surroundings that the person she bumped into, seemed to came out of nowhere. She threw the other person over.

Luna groaned as she rubbed over place on her head. "Ouch. I'm sorry."

She stood up a little wobbly before looking at the other person, who appeared to be Neville, who sat up.

"Geez Luna, was that really necessary?"

"I'm sorry! It was not my intention! I was just running so hard because I couldn't miss the- The class! I have to be there in time!" Luna stood up wide eyed and made her way to the green house.

Before she could open the door, Neville had opened it for her and she walked in, giving him a strange look.

"Ah, miss Lovegood, mr Longbottom, I'm so glad you found the class, today." Professor Sprout exclaimed as she looked at them.

"Class." Sprout said, "Mr Longbottom is going to help us today." she motioned to Neville with a hand before turning to Luna. "Miss Lovegood, I hope you'll find it in yourself to come in time, next time."

Luna nodded softly before heading to her seat, where she sat down beside no one.

"Today we're going to cover Blubotuber plants." A few classmates grunted in response and Luna's eyebrows shot up. "For those who obviously have no idea what I'm talking about, this entails that we're going to collect the pus."

Luna's gaze travelled to the other side of the room, where she locked eyes with Neville. She broke it quickly, looking back at Sprout. "...valuable for acne-ridding qualities. But you must be beware, one drop of the substance causes painful, large, yellow boils to form immediately on the skin. That is why you all must wear dragon-hide gloves. It..."

Luna's gaze travelled again, looking outside where the Weeping Willow was to be seen. She thought about the time she almost got sweeped up in her third year. There was a silhouette to be seen of a broken broom.

"Aren't you going to find the equipment?" Luna whipped her head around to find Neville looking down at her, his head cocked; a green plant in his hand.

"How's the Bowtruckle?" She asked and he flashed her a grin.

Neville patted his pocket softly, the green twig-like creature crawling out. "He's good, aren't you, Patty."

The creature nodded and sat down on his shoulder.

"He looks good." Luna remarked smilingly.

"Yes." Neville said before putting the plant on her table. "Do you know what you need?"

"Er, gloves?"

Neville smirked, "Dragon-hide ones, yes. And bottles. Did you even listen to professor Sprout?"

"Er, maybe." she answered slowly.

He laughed warmheartedly. "I'll demonstrate it to you, you go get those gloves and bottles. Will be back in a sec."

She stood up as he continued giving the plants out to the rest of her classmates. Why would he help her, why would he even talk to her so much? It wasn't as if he wanted to talk to her a lot the last time they met. She shrugged off the feelings and started getting the equipment.

Luna put on the gloves and stood before her table. She frowned, and what now?

"You've got to pinch and squeeze the swellings." Neville said, coming over to stand beside her.

"And then what?"

"You've got to collect it in the bottles." Luna noticed he'd put on gloves as well and picked up a bottle. "If you squeeze, I'll catch the pus."

Luna did as he told her, but as soon as she started pushing, the smell of petrol hit her. "Oh yuk that's gross."

She started pushing again, and a thick, yellowish-green liquid came out. Neville caught it easily and they watched how the liquid slowed flowing after some time. "That's oddly satisfying, isn't it."

Luna chuckled, "Yes, it really does."

They worked for some time, filling two bottles and they were busy with their third when Luna opened her mouth again. "So, what's the reason of you helping in our class?"

"What do you mean? Must there be a reason for joining a morning class of Ravenclaws and Gryffindors?"

She raised a brow at him. "Sure you do."

"Alright," Neville gave in. "I'll confess. I've been bad. Really bad."

"Bad?" Luna exclaimed.

"You sound surprised." Neville said, coyly smiling at her. "You don't think I can be bad?"

"Hmm." Luna replied.

"But why are you all by yourself?" Neville asked, letting her know that he'd realised her sitting all by herself.

"Hasn't anyone told you then?" Her gaze darkened.

"I guess not."

Luna nudged him with a finger, "Let me tell you a secret then." She moved so her mouth was beside his ear, she noticed him stifling slightly.

"They all think I'm batshit." she whispered.

He pulled back, "And you're not then?"

"I'm worse."