.End.

"Caroline, calm down."

"No, Adam, I will not calm down," Caroline snapped as she narrowed her brown eyes at her boyfriend. "It's been two weeks and that Scarlett woman still hasn't responded to Grayson!"

Adam rolled his eyes and crossed his dark arms.

"Caroline, Grayson only told you about how he went to see her after you promised to stay out of it."

"And I have been staying out of it! But nothing is happening!"

"Your brother is finally smiling and shit again so maybe you should just leave it."

"Yeah, he's happy but he also hangs around the phone like a lion watching it's prey. He's practically mentally demanding that she call. You wouldn't understand," Caroline dramatically cried before she threw herself back onto her living room couch, her arm coming up to cover her eyes.

Adam pinched the bridge of his nose and looked up to the ceiling, silently counting backwards from ten before he took another deep breath and sat down next to his blonde girlfriend.

"Caroline," he started lovingly, his hand tracing the outline of her face. "You're acting crazy."

Caroline remove her arm from her face and glared.

"Am not."

"Are you."

"Am-"

"But it's okay because its one of the reasons I love you."

And then he kissed her.

xx

xx

"She's still mad at you."

Jarred groaned and fell back into one of Scarlett's armchairs.

"I didn't mean to hit her in the head with the football," Jarred protested, running his left hand through his hair as he glanced towards the hallway where his daughter's bedroom door remained tightly shut. "I really didn't."

Scarlett laughed and shrugged.

"Yeah, well as far as she's concerned, all that matters is that you did."

"That's what I get for trying to bond with her via a real sport when all she wanted to do was play tag," he grumbled, crossing his arms.

Scarlett sat down on the armchair across from him.

"Why don't you spend the day with her? Coax her out of her room with ice-cream or something and then take her to a movie?"

Jarred considered the idea, always thankful for his ex-wife's help.

"Yeah okay, but weren't you planning on taking her shopping or something like that today?"

She shrugged.

"Yeah, but she doesn't know that. I'll just go by myself. I could use the time to think, anyway," she admitted with a flip of her copper hair.

"About what?"

"Ehh...everything, really. I've been stressed these last two weeks." Jarred raised an eyebrow and Scarlett rolled her eyes. "Go away, Jarred. You're not getting anymore information out of me. It's nothing specific, anyway."

Jarred scoffed.

They had been married, had a child together, and still remained good friends –did she really not think he could tell when she was being less than honest with him?

"Liar."

"Jarred!"

"I found those letters from that Grayson guy," he admitted, his voice accusing. "Don't lie to me, Scarlett." She pursed her lips and glared at her ex-husband. "Look, I didn't mean to snoop-"