The Typical Mary Sue

Hi, I'm Isabella Sunshine Love-The-World Family Moon Pool Party Witch Potter-Riddle-Weasley! *takes deep breath*

I'm absolutely stunning with blue hair that goes down to my small butt and forever changing eyes. They change so much because no eyes would fit my natural beauty. I have a tall and curvy figure that will make boys go drooling after me.

But shh! I have a deep dark secret! I'm actually Harry Potter's long lost twin sister. After I defeated Voldemort,(yes, I defeated him but Dumbledore told everyone that Harry did) he kidnaped me. I was raised by the Malfoy's to be perfect.

One day, I decided to run away. I ran to the Weasley's house. They let me in because I was so hot. All the Weasley's wanted to date me, even Mrs. Weasley. I was so clueless about that.

I went to Hogwarts and got sorted into Gryffindor. I made friends with Harry. Ron and me were already friends. Hermione was totes jealous of me and so she called me a bitch. I ran into the first and cried my eyes out.

Voldemort gave me a gun. I was assigned to kill all mudbloods.

Then, I found out a super big secret! Draco had a crush on me! We were about t-.

Stop. I'm sorry, but stop.

This is what we call a Mary Sue.

Mary Sue's are perfect people. They have no character flaws and they're good at everything.

Example: Ebony Darkness Deminta Raven Way from My Immortal.

Another example, Bella Swan from Twilight.

Want another one? Cinderella's yet another example of an Mary Sue.

People, STOP MAKING MARY SUES!!!!

Must I repeat it, fine, People, STOP MAKING MARY SUES!!!

We all know that you want your cannon character to be perfect, but that's not possible. Everyone's going to make mistakes, it's just human nature.

Another thing Mary Sue's usually are is that there siriusly over powered. They usually have the following powers:
• Are Elementals
• Are metamorphmagus
• The ability to be able to do wandless magic since they were baby's.

People, I'm going to cover powers eventually, but for right now, DO NOT OVERPOWER YOUR PERSON!

If you do that, it's like if J.K Rowling wrote Harry Potter with computers.

Your readers will get bored because there's no conflict

It's just like: Voldemort was coming after me! I quickly raised my hand and Voldemort died. Then I started to make out with Draco. The end.

Now, tell me what you thought about that paragraph.

BORING!

And that's exactly what your readers will think if you make your OC a Mary Sue.

If your worried that your OC is a Mary Sue, don't worry, there's books to stop Mary Sues.

I have one myself.

And NO, this is NOT me advertising my book!

Another thing about Mary Sues is that, EVERYONE.LOVES.THEM!

Don't do this. Everyone has people who hate/dislike them!

It's just human.

And remember, make sure that your OC doesn't have a weird hair and/or eye color.

Okay?

Okay.

----------------------------------------------------
Sorry it's been so long, I've been busy with my other books. I'll try to update more.
                                        ~Holly