11

Bella p.o.v
"What's wrong with your wrist?" He asked.
"Oh this.. is nothing" I said taking my hand away.
"Bella" Jake said.
"I got in a fight at school with a girl. Things got out of hands a little" I said holding Jake shoulder for support to take my heels off, my dear I couldn't feel my feet anymore.
"That's much better" I said. I immediately seem shorter than Jacob, it made him laugh.
"You can only get shorter Bella" he said laughing slightly.
"And you can only get taller" I said starting to walk to my car. Once I reached my car Jake stop me.
"Okay now tell me what happen with your wrists" he said grabbing them again.
"A girl started this rumor about me dumping Edward because of Mike and well we got in a fight no big deal" I tried to make the lie believable.
"Bella in a fight somebody won't just hold your wrists, this seem more of a one sided fight. Meaning you didn't fight back. Which leads me to conclude that you are lying to me" he finished.
"I'm not lying to you, wether you want to believe me or not is your problem" I said scooting over for Jake to sit beside me.
"How was prom?" He asked.
"It was boring. How have you been?" I asked.
"Lizzie doesn't like me hanging out with you as much" he said.
"Its understandable, I mean she is your girlfriend. Maybe she is insecure about things, girlfriends get jealous you know" I said.
"Has she talked to you, said anything to you?" He asked.
"Umm.. why? I asked.
"Just curious" he said.
"No" I said.
"She thinks that I'm always telling her lies. That you know more about my life than she does." He said.
"Well I do, we use to play together when we were little, climb trees" I said.
"She but she thinks I'm hiding something from her, something that you know that makes you closer to me than she does" he said.
"Well I know more about your life than she does, something that she can't know, that's not your fault Jake. You can't tell her" I said.
"But it will be easier" he said.
"But you can't" I said.
"But-" he began.
"What if she takes it the wrong way. She tells people about your secret, then all of you are exposed, not just you it's dangerous. Me well I have dealt with other monsters before you if can call it that but she hasn't there is a chance she won't react too well to like the time you transform into a werewolf in front of me" I said.
"Everything is complicated. I feel like Lizzie thinks that I'm using her to forget about you" he said.
I was silent. I didn't know what to say.
"Hey remember that day when we went to the movie theater. You told me that I could always count on you. That you would never hurt me" I said laying my head in his shoulder.
"Yeah I do" he said.
"Well you can count on me too. I know that I've hurt you already too much in my opinion, but I'll try my best not to this time" I said.
"Thanks Bells" he said. I grabbed his hand and interview our fingers together.
"Why are you holding my hand?" He asked.
"What? I can't hold your hand anymore?" I asked.
"Well it has a different meaning to me then it does to you" he said laughing a little.
"Well I guess I'll have to get use to it then" I said pulling my hand away from him.
"Hey hey hey I didn't say you can pull your hand away" he said grabbing my hand again.
"You know your hand is small right, kids size" he said looking at my hand and measuring it with his. I didn't say anything. I loved feeling Jake's presence. Feeling him close knowing that I can count on him. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath sighting thinking about all the things Jake and I went through. I never actually cliff jump with Jake, maybe I can do it now without actually killing myself.
"Bella what's wrong?" He said.
"Life is sometimes hard on us don't you think?" I asked

"yeah I think so too, is something bothering you?" He asked sweetly.

"I...I...kissed Mike in prom" I said. I left Jake tense up immediately, his whole body was tense. He still cares.

"And that's bothering you?" he said huskily and coldly.

"yeah, I shouldn't have done that but I guess I thought it might help me forget somethings going on in my life" I said truthfully.

"Edward" he said his tone of voice deeper than before I've gotten use to this changes.

"No it doesn't have to deal with him. But it didn't help me, I didn't feel anything when I kissed him. I mean you are suppose to feel something when you feel or kiss someone you like right? Maybe sparks, butterflies  in your stomach but I felt nothing, I feel bad for Mike that's what's bothering me" I said sighting again but in sadness, I hurt everybody I care about what a surprise.