Chapter 6

Two years has been passed. I finished my business course and life goes on.

Mom and I just left their province last month. Even she doesn't want to, I forcefully convinced her on how much I needed to go here. I even used my illness, desperate time calls for desperate moves.

We settled here in Batanes Island. I once dreamed to live here when I was younger, away from the city smokes and noise.

Our home was the same to their traditional housings here, with just a modern little modern touch in it's interior.

I struggled before leaving. It was a hard decision that I will leave the people who became part of my life.

Rex beg me not to leave, he beg me not to go because he said he will need me in the shop. But I know he really don't. He have Penny to do all the works, to accompany him. He was just... don't want to let me go. I'm not assuming things but Rex is blinded. He's not in love with me I know, and I'm not fool enough to not see that he's heart really belongs to Penny.

He's just in denial stage, both of them. Because they're always fighting and both afraid of being rejected. If they only knows the truth.

When I told Penny that I'm going to leave, she cried and ignores me. Until now she I didn't receive any message or calls.

And Romeo, we're not friends anymore. Because he is now my boyfriend. I don't know how it was happened. It's just that I fall, again.

He's sweet, nice and a true gentleman. His age is not a problem, actually it's an advantage. I learned many things and that's made me fall even more.

Mom is fine with him, actually they are much alike when it comes to hobbies. Like planting and cooking.

Romeo came with us to help us transfer some of our things. He helped Mom to do the landscape in the garden.

He's the kind of a guy you wanted to marry. I know that some of his co-workers admire him secretly.

One time I paid him a visit, when we were still friends. All the girls wanted to know more stuffs about him. They asked me every little details I know about Romeo. I also learned that his girl that time was his second love. I don't know exactly what happened to the first one.

The girl or the ex of Romeo now, was the one who ended their relationship.

He said to me that she has an eye for another man and guess who the man is? It's Alonso Hidalgo III. Romeo again loses.

"Tomorrow I'll go back to our province." Mom said.

I nodded. I'm busy on my laptop. I'm doing a new project for my restaurant.

"Take care." I said.

Everything changed. From my long curly hair is now cut into short and dyed into ginger red. Even my girly voice change from innocence into a firm and serious one.

My coach said that in order to be believed by my clients I need to act decent, professional and a woman with a word. Because in the business industry it's more about the trust of your partner's and clients.

"You won't come? Tomorrow is the festival of cooking." My world suddenly stopped.

That rings a bell. Rex's coffee shop will be joining. I need to support Penny, she's going to be their representative.

I feel a little itching pain in my heart. It's been years but that scene always hunts me, and still hurts.

It was the last time Alonso talked to me. Even when at some parties he always acted like he didn't saw me. It hurts, even it's my decision. Mom was so confused by the way we react to each other presence. Because the last time she sees us we're fine.