Chapter 1

"Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
-Albert Einstein
___________________________________
Gonna mention it now Smarter/Meaner (not that much) Natsu
____________________________________

The Sun was blazing as Lucy walked away from her guild, Fairy Tail the number one guild in Fiore. However she had this depressed air around her that seemed to follow her as her bangs covered her eyes as she walked down the streets of Mangolia town. Around her there were some Bloodied bodies of children and adults laying there moaning out for help. Soon she started crying, wailing out to the heavens as rain soon followed as it cascaded her and made her hair grip to her face. Lucy then fell on her knees gripping her skirt as she fell. Her cries soon becoming sobs. Quickly feeling her energy drained, she fell on her back and closed her eyes.

Quickly her eyes shot open and sat up. She scanned the area around her only to see she was in her apartment in her bed.

Quietly she whispered out "Only a nightmare".

She looked at her window to see the buzzing town of Mangolia. People roaming about smiling, and children running around playing. Seeing this Lucy's lips curled up into a small smile before curling downwards into a frown remembering her dream.

What had caused so much destruction? So much death? And why did she receive such a dark nightmare?

Lucy  quickly shook her head and gently slapped her cheeks.

She lightly whispered to her self "Enough of those thoughts I need to get ready".

Lucy slowly got out of her covers and went to take a bath. As time passed she felt her muscles relax from the recent nightmare. As she started to relax, she also felt sleep grip her.

Dream

Lucy opened her eyes once more to find her self not in her bath but in a desolate place with a single gigantic tree rising from the opposite side of her. The tree's roots were uprooted and standing in front of the tree was a single figure. She doesn't know what compelled her to move forward but she did and she gently walked towards the figure.

As she walked closer to the figure it seemed to have a humane shape. However it had wings behind it but they were bended forward. Lucy continued to walk towards the figure.

Once face to face with the humane being she tooked a closer look at him. The being had what sort of looked like a mask covering over his face but it had no holes in it. His wardrobe consisted of a greyish outfit it looked strange. It looked like it would have been used by a pirate and as for his footwear there were just some brown boots. It also looked like it was holding some sort of book.

He whispered mysteriously "Tragic fate indeed but what form shall It take? What form shall it take?"

Lucy made a motion to open her mouth but nothing came out.

"Indeed it seeks to you but oh dear what it is? What it is?" He whispered out "perhaps you should consult, but who to trust? Who to trust?"

She tried to open her mouth again, this time she spoke "What the hell are you talking about"

He chuckled "Indeed indeed" 

He turned away and began to walk disappearing in a burst of purple dust as he disappeared his words echoed "Indeed indeed"

Dream end

Abruptly Lucy woke up, sitting up in her bathtub water splashing wetting the floor. Her thoughts quickly went wild from her vivid dream. Where was that place? Why did I have that dream? Who was that person? What tragic fate? What did it mean by "who to trust"?

These thoughts, these questions, coming to her mind quickly trying to search for an answer. She felt like she had seen that person  or whatever that thing was, before but the question is where? Her thoughts were in chaos.

As she was deep in thought she heard a yell
"Hey Lucy where are you!"

She recognized that voice, Natsu the resident Fire Dragon slayer of Fairy Tail. She quickly reigned her thoughts and smiled slightly at Natsu's voice. That smile quickly turned into a frown as she remembered that he rarely had any reason to talk to her in these present times.

That didn't necessarily mean he had to have a reason, but now a days he seems to need a reason to talk to her. She just got the feeling that hasn't reverted back to how it use to be.

"LUCY!!"He hollered once more this time getting a tick mark to form on her head.

"What do you want!" She yelled back to him, getting out of her bath and wrapping a towel around her body.

"We need to talk!" He replied

"Well give me a sec I need to change!"

"Alright I'll wait"

All she did was sigh and quickly changed her self with clothes she had brought in there. Putting on a white shirt and black skirt she walked out of the shower drying her hair.

"What is it Natsu?" She asked as she lowered her head slight to move her hair forward to dry.

"Umm Lucy" He started "The team and I were talking and we decided we are going to disband you know, take care of our stuff, become stronger"

"Why" She mumbled

"To train to become stronger" replied Natsu grimly "We almost lost in Edolas, we think we need to go out to train more by ourselves"

"How come you guys didn't consult this with me?" Lucy said, her voice trembling

"What is there to talk about," he said " I mean we clearly need to get stronger, Gageel and Wendy somewhat agreed on this, but they are not a part of our team, Grey, Erza, you and me, they are not a part of it."

"Lucy we all need this, especially you, I'm sorry for saying this but we always seem to find ourselves trying to save you or help you, I'm not saying you need to do everything yourself, just become strong enough so you don't need help all the time"

"Sorry Lucy, but we are disbanding and to be honest I don't think we are going to come back together"

"So your calling me weak now" She said, her voice quivering, tears rolling down her face, "Is that what you thought me all this time some kind of weakling, Fine I will get stronger"

"To be put bluntly, somewhat, I mean you are strong in your own right but not enough to keep up with us" Natsu said "I'm glad you are taking this better than I thought"

"Just get out already if that's all" Lucy mumbled out.

He whispered one last goodbye and left to most likely  the outerskirts of town.

Lucy quickly tied her hair into a pony tail and left running to fairy tail.
____________________________________
That's it for now. I will like to let you guys know that I will try and update at least once a month with this story. This story will also have at least 1,000 words per part, this part is like 1167 without this note. That's all bye.