Chapter 13

(Sabine pov)

I'm sitting alone in the tent Vizsla gave me to stay in, trying desperately to figure out a way to get Zeb away from where the Death Watch are taking him–Separatist jail on General Grevious' starship. He was the only prisoner we took, but so many Lasat are dead. I used my blasters on stun mode mostly, but at one point I was back-to-back with Vizsla and I was forced to shoot to kill. He'd have known the difference the second I shot. So I had to kill a few Lasat. I hope Zeb forgives me.... Although I know I won't forgive myself.

I raise my head as Vizsla comes in without my mother, which surprises me. Usually where one is, the other follows.

"Bo-Katan and I are preparing to take the captured Lasat to General Grevious' warship," he states. "We would like you to come along."

"Sure," I shrug and push myself up, grabbing my helmet and yanking it on, ignoring the spike of fear course through me. "Let's go."

I'm only doing this to stay alive, I repeat over and over to myself. I'm nothing like the Death Watch. Nothing like Vizsla. Nothing like my mother.

But the air around me is gloriously Mandolorian, and I hate myself for enjoying it. I love the Ghost crew, but I'm a Mandolorian at heart. I'm not with the Empire, don't misunderstand, but I miss my Mandolorian roots. And more than that, I miss my family. Even though they betrayed me, I still care for them. And that bothers me. If I was a true Mandolorian, I would have forgotten about them or had my revenge. I've done neither. Instead, I continue to long for them–the way we used to be, before the Empire came and in my eyes, destroyed my home and our lives.

So most of the time, I don't feel like one of my people. But here, in the Death Watch's camp.... I feel like I am a true Mandolorian.

Walking with Vizsla, my thoughts are very consumed with how to free Zeb and keep my cover. So consumed that I don't realize Vizsla's talking until I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Sabine? Are you alright?" He questions. "Have you heard a thing that I've said?"

"Um...."

"You haven't, had you?"

"No."

"Well, listen up and I'll give you the short version of what I said. We get the Lasat onboard alive, get paid, and get out. Very simple."

"Sure."

"Don't get distracted anymore."

"Alright."

"Can you handle that?"

"Yes." I say back, my pride insulted.

"Fantastic. Oh, one more thing." He says, stopping his stride suddenly. I go to turn around to face him as I'm now in front of him, but the blaster at my neck stops me.

"Bo-Katan and I think it would be best if you were unaware of where the general's flagship was. No hard feelings, Sabine." I hear him say, but the words don't process before a laser bolt slams into my back and I'm out cold on the ground. The last thing I hear is, "But I don't trust you."

Short chapter! Sorry for all the delays guys, I'm not even going to try and explain everything going on in my life right now. If you sent me an Instagram DM, I'm sorry, mine are down right down. Currently working to fix it! But that's a pretty minor thing right now. Anyhow, I don't know when I'll be able to update again. But for now, enjoy this update! May the Force be with you,

-LothalRebelUltraFan