☤ 3; Golden Boy Down

Madison was getting a headache as Emmeline lectured her about her stupid mistake.

"Can't you tell a legally blind man when he's right in front of your face? All you had to do was open his file - everyone knows Old Man Jackson memorized the eye chart!" Emmeline scolded.

"First off, I didn't know that. Second off, I'm sorry. I know I should have. I just got a little distracted," Madison admitted, feeling a little guilty for her oversight.

"Well, you should! He nearly killed George Tucker," Emmeline exclaimed, her frustration evident.

"Reformed serial killer?" Madison asked, trying to lighten the mood with a touch of humor, but Emmeline didn't catch the reference.

Madison walked into the room and saw Zoe comforting a wounded George. She wanted to believe that Zoe's bedside manner was getting better, but she knew it had more to do with how attractive George Tucker was.

"I heard Zoe say that he had a dislocated shoulder, so I silently prepared the morphine," Madison said to the man as she watched Zoe attend to George's injury.

As Zoe babbled on to George, trying to distract him from the pain, Madison injected the medicine into him. George's reaction to the morphine was immediate.

"Ah, what the hell?" George exclaimed in surprise and discomfort.

"That's just the morphine - it's the easy part, baby," Zoe teased, flashing a smile at him.

Madison smirked at the exchange between Zoe and George, finding it oddly endearing despite the circumstances.

Then, George passed out, and Madison commented, "Good. Morphine's working."

Suddenly, a girl burst into the room with a camera in hand, followed by Emmeline, who seemed unfazed by the intrusion.

"O.m.g. It's true," the girl exclaimed excitedly, addressing Madison and Zoe.

"Rosie, honey. Come on, it's time for bed," Emmeline interjected, trying to redirect her niece's attention.

Madison couldn't help but feel annoyed at the interruption, especially when the girl, Rose, started bombarding them with questions.

"He's the town's golden boy? Why am I not surprised?" Madison scoffed, unimpressed by George's apparent status in the town.

As Rose continued to ramble on about New York and HBO, Madison and Zoe exchanged amused glances, finding her enthusiasm entertaining.

"We could use a couple of friends," Madison admitted, realizing that making connections in Bluebell might not be such a bad idea after all.

Just when Madison thought the situation couldn't get any worse, Emmeline announced the arrival of another individual - Brick.

"Hello, pickle," Brick greeted the two, his tone less than welcoming.

Madison snorted at the joke, which only seemed to incense Brick further. She watched as Zoe stepped in front of her to greet him, trying to defuse the tension.

"We haven't met. I'm Dr. Zoe Hart," Zoe introduced herself, extending her hand.

Brick ignored her hand and directed his ire at Madison. "Well, as far as I'm concerned, you're the girl who almost killed two people and spoiled my hunting trip. How dare you see my patients," Brick accused.

"Well, technically, Harley left his half of the practice to us," Zoe interjected, attempting to assert her authority.

"That means that we have as much right to see patients as you do," Madison added looking over her sister's shoulder to the older doctor.