In A World Of My Own

A day in the park: seems nice, but I was so  bored cause I don't have anything to do. I left my sketchbook and favorite novel back at home. I only had my phone with me in case of an emergency. My mind was in a different place, with my hands in my Nightmare Before Christmas jacket and my swiped hair brushed by my right ear. My legs crossed and the toes of my black short boots touching. My denim jeans with a few black paint splatters light up in the sunlight. 

I was sitting peacefully under an oak tree and only blinked twice when I saw a guy with big hair, cyber goth attire, and black rabbit ears running past me, only to return to me and gestured me to follow him before running off again. It made me think he looked a lot like my hero, Rogue. I got up and followed him as close as I could. Unfortunately, he was too fast for me to catch up.

"Rogue! Wait up!" I called out. He made a sharp swift turn. I went in his direction, but he was nowhere in sight.

'Damn it. I lost him.' Then, I heard a shuffling from a bush. I looked behind it, and found a large hole in the ground. I went on my knees and examined the hole. My hand went to the edge and slipped, making me fall into the hole. As I fell, I screamed all the way down, down, down the "rabbit hole," passing cabinets, drawers, rocking chairs, and even a bed. It seemed to be forever when I hit the ground. I slowly, and painfully, pushed myself up with my arms.

"That's gonna hurt in the morning..." I groaned.

"It'll hurt even more if you don't hurry." A voice said. I looked up and Rogue was standing above me with a serious expression. I got to my feet, anger raging in my eyes.

"You could at least slow down when I tell you to. I've been-"

"Nevermind that. I need to take you to Robert. Hopefully, you're 'The One'." The "One"? What he meant by that, I had no clue. He took out his pocket watch and checked the time.

"Crap," he muttered, "we're behind schedule. 'Come on." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me down a long maroon hall that ended at a set of grey colored double doors with a brass lock on it. I turned to Rogue.

"So... where does this lead to?" I asked. He pulled out a gold key and unlocked the double doors.

"Let me show you, kiddo," Rogue said, opening one of the doors, " welcome to Wonderland." I peaked out the door to take a look. It wasn't as wonderful as it seemed; there were brown patches of grass, blood in the river, and the bridge was broken. I was in total shock.

"My God... Wonderland is..." I tried to say.

"I'm afraid so," Rogue said, closing the door behind us, "the Pink Queen has been trying to destroy parts of Wonderland."

"What? Why's that?" I turned to him, waiting for an answer. He didn't say anything for a few minutes.

"I should take you to Robert. He'll tell you everything you need to know." He lead me across the field and through the forest. It had brightly colorful flowers and mushrooms around the base of trees. Rogue lead me to find this "Robert" dude.

"Through here," Rogue said, pushing some vegetation out of the way.

''Rogue!" A female voice called in excitement. "You're back!" Rogue's face went surprised as a woman ran to him with a big smile on her face. She had long blonde hair, a pink and lavender tiger striped short dress, and rosy pink dress shoes. The woman had a heavy Lady Gaga resemblance. She hugged Rogue tightly, while Rogue flailed his arms.

"Electro, please," Rogue said, wanting to be let go.

"I thought you'd never return." Electro stated. I sighed and slightly shook my head.